Plugin Contributions

Default HELP!! Pending Transactions stuck!

I have been using the Zen Cart for some time. I had my webmaster fired (for other reasons). I had to change my paypal account password and since I have done this I have received 12 orders totaling more then $500.00 that have been stuck in the "pending" status on my Zen Cart. I went into my PayPal and updated the PDT Token, copied the token and entered in the Zen Cart payment modules page and updated it. This still has left all the transactions pending. What do I need to do to get the money from my Zen Cart into my PayPal account??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP!! Pending Transactions stuck!

Zen Cart only stores an order after the selected payment module has completed its task of collecting payment (or in some cases payment "info") from the customer.

If you have orders in "Pending" status, then that means whatever payment module was used for those orders actually approved them and passed them through to be stored in your store.

(To be clear: if the customer attempts payment and it is declined and they don't pay another way, or if the customer abandons their purchase without completing payment, then you never see the order in your store)

So, if you have orders in your store that are in "Pending" status, then that means the customer went through the payment process and the payment module said "okay, we accept this order". The fact that it's in "pending" status means that there's still work to do on your part. If it was paid with check or bank deposit then you need to verify those payments before changing the order to "Processing".

If the order was paid by PayPal and is in "Pending" status, then that means the funds were held on PayPal's end pending your login to paypal to fix whatever needs fixing such as a currency issue or address verification issue or maybe a fraud review.
    If you've already done steps in Paypal to manually "accept" those transactions but the change wasn't automatically reflected in your store, then you've got a problem with the IPN handling and you will need to fix that. But in the meantime, since you've already verified that the funds have been accepted in PayPal, then you can just manually update the order in your store from pending to processing and therefore proceed with fulfilling the order like you would with any such paid order.

If the transaction isn't showing in Paypal but is showing in your store, then the order wasn't paid with PayPal in the first place, so that makes it not a paypal issue.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for responding Dr Byte,

All my transactions are pending in PayPal Instant Payment Notifications so I am sure that this is not a check or money order issue. I tried to check the Transaction ID by clicking the number after trans id but this transaction is not reflected anywhere in my paypal which leads me to believe that the transaction never made it to paypal. The customers did place the order, the order went through on the store end, but never made it to paypal, which I assume is the case because I had to change my paypal password on 2/12. After I changed my password on 2/12 no orders have been able to go through to my paypal which means the funds were not "held" on paypals end, they just never got there. SO now these funds are sitting as pending in my PayPal Instant Payment Notifications screen on Zen Cart. WHat do I need to do to get the funds that hve been sitting on my Zen Cart over to Paypal, and how do I make sure my Zen Cart and paypal are communicating with eachother?

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-03-08 at 2.39.58 PM.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  24.4 KB

Plugin Contributions

Anybody???

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

No "funds" sit on zencart. Your store is not a "bank".

What you see in Zencart is just a set of NOTIFICATIONS - (messages) telling you what's been going on.

This looks like an issue you need to take up with PayPal.

Also: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're using PayPal Payments Standard, which doesn't use any password at all when doing transactions on your behalf. All that's required is your PayPal account's email address, which you must type into your ZC paypal module yourself. If you've put the wrong email address in, then the payments have gone to whatever email address you have in your module.

You'll need to contact Paypal using those transaction numbers to find out where the funds have been delivered. If fraud has happened by your previous webmaster, then you'll need to work with Paypal to take appropriate action for recovery.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have had the same problem with Paypal also
    The same issue Had to to into Paypal to accept payment
    But It never sent the token to complete the sale
    I called paypal and they told me they know this happens sometimes and they are working on it
    If anyone has heard anything please let me know

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dsimon View Post
    I have had the same problem with Paypal also
    The same issue Had to to into Paypal to accept payment
    But It never sent the token to complete the sale
    I called paypal and they told me they know this happens sometimes and they are working on it
    If anyone has heard anything please let me know
    Switch to Express Checkout and you won't have those token issues.