Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Predefined pack sizes and select individual seedlings to make up that pack. Possible?

Let me show you our current website. www.livingtowerseedlings.com. We sell and ship seedlings in predefined pack sizes (10, 18, 20, 26 or 28). Customers can pick any combination of the available seedlings we have to make up the pack (ie 10 of the same, 10 different or any combination in between). Would it be possible to set something up like this with Zen Cart?

There are a few other things that we would also need ($1 extra for every specialty seedling added and express processing) but the main thing for now it is possible to even do what I described in the first paragraph.

Greatly appreciate any feedback and advice.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Predefined pack sizes and select individual seedlings to make up that pack. Possi

They can be added as atttributes but this would depend upon how many variables there would be

One can add as many as desired But many would cause the page to load slowly
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Predefined pack sizes and select individual seedlings to make up that pack. Possi

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    They can be added as atttributes but this would depend upon how many variables there would be

One can add as many as desired But many would cause the page to load slowly
    There would be at least 20. We would also need to have an explanation and picture for each of them too so the customers would know more about them.

Plugin Contributions

We would also need to have an explanation and picture for each of them too so the customers would know more about them.
    explanation is up to you but each arrtibute can have an image attached

It is "swatch" in the attributes controller
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

They would need to be able to pick different seedlings to make up their pack. They may pick 20 of the same, or 20 different seedlings to make up the pack. With attributes they can only select one, can't they?

Plugin Contributions

Well you could add 20 different attributes BUT unless you are on a fast dedicated server it will slow page loading down quite a bit
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I don't understand how that will work? I'm not sure if I'm not understanding what you are saying to do, or you am not understanding what I am trying to accomplish.

We sell packs of seedlings in preset pack sizes. 10, 18, 20, 26 or 28. Customers can pick what ever seedlings they want to make up that pack. The packs have a set price but adding a premium seedling adds $1 for each one they add. (ie someone may want a 10 pack with 2 kale, 2 green crisp lettuce, 2 green beans, 2 basil and 2 chard). I don't understand how I would set that up as attributes to accomplish what I need? Can you explain it a bit more? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

We sell packs of seedlings in preset pack sizes. 10, 18, 20, 26 or 28
    28???

That would require 784 variations way too many for reasonable use
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking attributes wouldn't work but thought I'd check we were on the same page. Thanks anyway

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking attributes wouldn't work but thought I'd check we were on the same page. Thanks anyway. Trying to find out about a mod that may work but it has been a while since anyone worked on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast