Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default ez-page header bar

Hi all,
    I'm trying to center the font and also make the font color in white on the Ez-pages header-bar ; in the includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet.css without success.
    any idea which code line to look at ?

I'm also trying to place a transparent image gif, in the center column any idea which line to look at?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ez-page header bar

Why are you using "classic" ?

One of the first things you need do after initial install is to put in your own template. Either create one from scratch, or use one of the many excellent free ones in the plugins area.

Before you do any more "customizing" to "classic", install a custom template.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

If you base your template on the "classic" one, then the declaration covering EZ Pages header menu is:

#navEZPagesTop {
    background-color: #abbbd3;
    background-image: url(../images/tile_back.gif);
    font-size: 0.95em;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin: 0em;
    padding: 0.5em;
    }

Just add a text-align: center; statement to it.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thesnow View Post

I'm also trying to place a transparent image gif, in the center column any idea which line to look at?
    The "center column" is a general content area that can contain many different outputs...

What is the purpose of this "gif" ?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    The "center column" is a general content area that can contain many different outputs...

What is the purpose of this "gif" ?
    Hi,
    I'm re-designing site, want background to look similar to this www.qj.ca but can't seem to place a background gif at www.qj.ca/index.php
    Also the logo is 760 by 110 its getting cut off, next thing to fix

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Why are you using "classic" ?

One of the first things you need do after initial install is to put in your own template. Either create one from scratch, or use one of the many excellent free ones in the plugins area.

Before you do any more "customizing" to "classic", install a custom template.
    I have them backed up, I believe in less folders... better performance....old school of thought i guess

Plugin Contributions

I have them backed up, I believe in less folders... better performance....old school of thought i guess
    This makes no sense....

What have you "backed up" ?

The OVER_RIDE system is a critical and important function of this software. Performance has nothing to do with "number of folders". Zencart will select appropriate resources from whatever source it needs them from - and the "over-ride" system means just that... It will "by-pass" core files, when a valid over-ride file exists.

In fact, it assists greater efficiency, so get busy with your custom template BEFORE you do any more work in "classic".

The "classic" template has very important diagnostic functions which (in time) you will be grateful for.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

This makes no sense....

What have you "backed up" ?

The OVER_RIDE system is a critical and important function of this software. Performance has nothing to do with "number of folders". Zencart will select appropriate resources from whatever source it needs them from - and the "over-ride" system means just that... It will "by-pass" core files, when a valid over-ride file exists.

In fact, it assists greater efficiency, so get busy with your custom template BEFORE you do any more work in "classic".

The "classic" template has very important diagnostic functions which (in time) you will be grateful for.
    Basically for example: in the directory tree::includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet.css , i would also have the original file untouched in the same directory, includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet_bckup.css
    Probably right..making my life more complicated.. its not a big site very simple straight forward..

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Basically for example: in the directory tree::includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet.css , i would also have the original file untouched in the same directory, includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet_bckup.css
    Well, that's going to give you problems right away. Zencart will call in ALL stylesheets with a .css extension, so your site will now load with the stylesheet.css AND its backup, and one will just over-ride the other.

I hope you haven't been doing the same with php files.

As schoolboy says, there are some critical protocols that need to be observed. It is important that you take advice on these issues and don't go off like a bull in a china shop, blindly believing that what you are doing "is OK".

Sorry to sound like a spinster school mistress approaching menopause, but if you carry on down the route you are taking you will spend many hours on the forum in tears later on.

Plugin Contributions

LoL ...I like your colorfully language ..ok, I got a HD colored picture of what your saying.. will reinstall the program and start fresh..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast