Thread: DB Import

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default DB Import

I am trying to upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.1 and have transferred all code across and am now trying to transfer the db across. I have backed up the existing db using PHPMyAdmin Export function and then using the PHPMyAdmin Import function have tried to restore the backed up db to the new db. I get a message saying that the import was successful but when I check the content in PHPMyAdmin all tables are empty, and of course looking at the site it does not show any of the content.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction as I don't know what to try next?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DB Import

Did you follow this tutorial in creating your db backup

Depending upon what version of phpmy admin you have

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...atabase-backup
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your response.

Yes I did use this tutorial and have just run the backup and restore again to check I had all the correct settings but I am still getting the same result. The back up file is a good size but does get created very quickly, whereas the import takes a few minutes, but again all the tables are empty.

Any other ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Additionally I have just noticed that the DB table prefixes of the 2 databases are different - does this affect anything?

Plugin Contributions

DB table prefixes of the 2 databases are different
    Yes - If following the tutorial importing should create a full set of additional tables with the other prefix
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again for the response.

I've checked the backup with Wordpad and it contains all the data so it is the import which is not working. The table prefix in the backup is 'zw4t' so are you saying that the import should also create tables with this prefix? The prefix showing in the restore is 'zc1' but of course there is no data in the restored file because it has not worked, and therefore I wouldn't expect to see the prefix 'zw4t' until the restore has worked.

I have checked again that I have followed the tutorial correctly so do you have any other ideas for me to try?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gcopping View Post

I've checked the backup with Wordpad
    NEVER USE WORDPAD... keep well away from any program with "Microsoft" in the title.

ALWAYS VIEW and EDIT files with a PLAIN TEXT EDITOR. I use CRIMSON EDITOR. There is also NOTEPAD++ (not the same as "notepad")
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone out there help me because I am completely at a loss at the moment and cannot upgrade my customers site until I resolve this problem?

My original db in 1.3.9h is called ioncom_zc1 and has a table prefix of 'zw4t'. I have backed up this db and the backup file appears to be OK. I am then trying to restore it into a new db created under 1.5.1 called ioncom_zc2 with table prefix of 'zc2'. I am using PHPMyAdmin for both the export (for the backup) and import (for the restore). The import appears to run but then when I check the tables using PHPMyAdmin they are empty.

I have followed the Zencart tutorial to do this and checked it a number of times to make sure I havn't missed anything. I also have my hosting company checking this but they have not come up with anything yet.

Plugin Contributions

Until you tell the new cart to use the same database prefix as the one you are upgrading, it will not work.

You missed step 5 of item B at http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?140

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I understand that I need to change the configure.php files, but I am firstly checking that I have my data in the db before I do this. I am doing this by looking at it with PHPMyAdmin, and it is not showing any data in the db, so even when the configure.php files are changed it can't show any data as it doesn't exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast