Plugin Contributions

Default Using php code in payment module language files?

I am writing a new payment module which involves getting the next (possible) order number.
    If I use some php code to customise the output in the language file it all works fine.
    The other way would be to hack a lot of other files to achieve the same result.

1. How bad is the downside to using php code in the language files?

2. Using custom functions to calculate and display info in other places, such as customer order info. Is it ok to put these into the class file and call them externally or should I use "another" file for these functions elsewhere?

I am trying to keep it compact to 2 new files, and 2 edited files if possible.
    vs editing and adding code in a lot more places!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using php code in payment module language files?

The Authnet AIM module (and the Linkpoint module) has code in it to check the last order number, then add 1 and use that when submitting a new payment transaction. You can duplicate that code and adjust as needed, ideally in the same class method as you copy it from.

Remember: Zen Cart doesn't officially assign a final order number until *after* payment is confirmed ... so this process is only a best-guess approximation, primarily intended for use when reconciling between the payment gateway and the store.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.