Plugin Contributions

Default Payment Address Paypal Question

Is payment address relevant when using paypal website payments standard? Does it get used?
    Phil Rogers
    A problem shared is a problem solved.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Address Paypal Question

paypal website payments standard
    This is really old code and not really intended for use on ZenCart

Use PayPal Express
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Peculiar question, with no explanation as to why you're asking it, so it's hard to give a complete answer without knowing more context.

As far as submitting a transaction to PayPal goes, PayPal never cares about the "billing address" supplied by the customer, because PayPal controls the billing address within the PayPal account. The shipping address is transmitted with the transaction details, and in some cases the customer may override that address once on the PayPal end.

This applies to both PayPal Express and Standard. It is not specific to Standard.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Peculiar question, with no explanation as to why you're asking it, so it's hard to give a complete answer without knowing more context.

As far as submitting a transaction to PayPal goes, PayPal never cares about the "billing address" supplied by the customer, because PayPal controls the billing address within the PayPal account. The shipping address is transmitted with the transaction details, and in some cases the customer may override that address once on the PayPal end.

This applies to both PayPal Express and Standard. It is not specific to Standard.
    Sorry for being vaige, yes that is the reason for asking as all I accept is paypal as a method and I see customers amending payment address on the site which is pointless for them as they will just have to do it all over again on paypal. So I guess what I want to do is change the language files and remove the billing address button and assume that they give the shipping address at the start not billing.

As for the above comment about payments standard not being ment for zen cart I personally disagree, it's personal preference and my set up works perfectly.

I'm sure there are certain store set ups that is doesn't work well with but I've never had an issue with it.

I changed my payment pages to a 4 step approach with payment on paypal being the 4th step so customers are not confused when their order is not placed upon pressing the confirm order button.

Thanks for clarification DrBtye
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

Philip
    Standard had been working fine for me too, until the other day and I got an order with no details... I managed to get those details from the customer but it is embarrasing to have to ask.

Ive just changed to express and will see how it goes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
    Philip
    Standard had been working fine for me too, until the other day and I got an order with no details... I managed to get those details from the customer but it is embarrasing to have to ask.

Ive just changed to express and will see how it goes.
    Not sure how you can get an order with no details. So an order number wa populated on your store with no other details? If not you didn't get an order, you took payment and the order process didn't complete. This happened to me a lot when there was rounding issues but now I only round to two decimal places haven't had anything like it since
    Phil Rogers