Plugin Contributions

Default Store not accepting orders from certain regions?

Email from disappointed customer:

Dear Admin,

I tried placing an order on your site but when I got to the end, I was advised that it was not accepting orders from my region.
    I live in Rarotonga, Cook Islands; Postcode 18013.

Please advise.

My store is in the US. I don't recall banning any countries in my store/acp. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store not accepting orders from certain regions?

When you reply - scroll up and read - then provide the additional information

What you are currently asking is "I have a problem, can you guess what it is"
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    When you reply - scroll up and read - then provide the additional information

What you are currently asking is "I have a problem, can you guess what it is"
    Yes, I have read those instructions several times over the years. For this particular problem, though, I could not see how any of that technical info would contribute to a solution about banning a country within the acp.

I see that in recent weeks, you have already helped out several other members who have not supplied any technical information in their original post. If you all genuinely need me to jump through hoops to earn a reply, I will. But I would rather go on believing that the good people here already have enough clues to venture a guess. Besides, doesn't everyone enjoy a good riddle once in a while?
    Last edited by gobrinton; 25 Apr 2013 at 09:43 AM.

Plugin Contributions

If you genuinely need me to jump through hoops to earn a reply, I will.
    It is not jumping through hoops - - You did not even supply what shipping methods, payment methods and the like you are using or a link to your site
    But I would rather go on believing that the good people here already have enough clues to venture a guess
    My Guess is that something is wrong...
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gobrinton View Post
    Email from disappointed customer:

Dear Admin,

I tried placing an order on your site but when I got to the end, I was advised that it was not accepting orders from my region.
    I live in Rarotonga, Cook Islands; Postcode 18013.

Please advise.

My store is in the US. I don't recall banning any countries in my store/acp. Any ideas?
    In the lack of useful information, and acknowledging that you are content with wild guesses, I'll take a few:

1). Your memory isn't what it should be, and you have indeed banned some countries.
    2). There is a configuration problem somewhere.
    3). One of the many shipping modules that you may or may not have installed wasn't installed correctly, or is in conflict with one of the other shipping modules.
    4) There is a problem with the Payment module (or modules) for this particular zone.
    5). Your Database zone tables have been modified or corrupted.
    6). This is a 'one time only' error that was triggered by some sort of network or server glitch during a critical part of the processing.

If you eliminate all of these possibilities and the problem persists, please let me know and I'll give you my next round of wild (but valid) guesses.

On the other hand, if you could provide *us* with some *useful* information (what have you done/checked/tested so far) we can do this funky thing called 'diagnosing the problem'. This method tends to find a solution to any given problem a lot quicker than random guesses as to what *could* cause the problem.

Sure, we won't need to know *all* the answers to the questions in the 'posting tips' area, but just a few of the relevant ones would be a good starting place.

It is true that on many occasions we can answer/solve peoples problems based on minimal information, but this is only true where the problems are well known and reported. In most of those cases, I'll wager that if we weren't so quick to help, many of those would have been able to spend a few minutes more searching the forums/FAQ's and find the solutions themselves.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Problem solved!

Others have had the same complaint today. I was working on the website yesterday and had temporarily disabled all payment methods. It seems that when I was finished, I had forgotten to turn them back on, thus causing the "not accepting orders from your region" error for all orders.

OK, now I feel like a complete horse's @$%.

Oh and...Thanks for the advice, guys. I stand corrected and have learned from it.

Plugin Contributions

I was working on the website yesterday and had temporarily disabled all payment methods. It seems that when I was finished, I had forgotten to turn them back on, thus causing the "not accepting orders from your region" error for all orders.
    LOL.

I can't believe that three of my six wild guesses were actually on the mark (#1,2 & 4) <g>

OK, now I feel like a complete horse's @$%.
    Don't sweat it. We *all* do things like this at times.

Oh and...Thanks for the advice, guys. I stand corrected and have learned from it.
    If you can learn one thing a day, the day hasn't been wasted :)

Cheers
    Rod.