Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping for product(1) only if the customer buys another product(2)

How do I set up conditional free shipping? If customer buys product(1) and product(2), product (1) gets free shipping, else if customer buys only product (1), then add shipping.

Logic could also read, Product 1 gets free shipping unless shopping cart empty, then add shipping.

Thanks for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping for product(1) only if the customer buys another product(2)

There is nothing built into Zen Cart for this ... you would need to custom code for something like this ...

What shipping module(s) are you using?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping for product(1) only if the customer buys another product(2)

Hi, Thanks for responding. I am currently using the table rates and then adding attributes in attribute controller. We use USPS flat rate envelopes and boxes (the quantity depends on how many products we can stuff into the envelope box.) I am pretty much fudging things to come up with the rates I need. Is there another shopping cart that is better to use for custom pricing and shipping? I have one product that gets free shipping if purchased with any other product, but if they only purchase the that product alone they have to pay shipping and handling.

What I really need is product pricing tables by qty which I can cross reference with shipping tables for each product qty. Does this make sense? Or separate shipping tables for each product.

Plugin Contributions

I do not know of anything off the top of my head ...

Perhaps someone who has purchased Advanced Shipper can tell you if there is anything for this kind of shipping built in ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This is not a feature of Ceon's Advanced Shipper.

Plugin Contributions

What language is required to custom code this?

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart is written in php ...
    Linda McGrath