Plugin Contributions

Default Admin login still failing after all the expert suggestions...

First, I want to say that I have been very pleased with Zencart during the last 2 years and though I am no expert, I have managed it well enough. Running Ver 1.3.9h hosted by GoDaddy. I have forgotten my password twice in that time and was always able to recover it via the admin login page and 'resend password' option. However, over the last couple of days, I have pressed the 'resend password' options several times and never saw one email with a temporary password. Since that did not work, I logged into my GoDaddy hosting account and changed the password to the SQL database. When I did that, I could no longer bring up my Zencart retail page nor the admin login screen. When I edited the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php as follows "define('DB_SERVER', 'lon112751043????.db.7074806.hostedresource.com'); define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'lon112751043????'); define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '????????'); define('DB_DATABASE', 'lon112751043????');" the retail site came back up as did the admin login page - but I could not get admin access. ZenCart's FAQs suggested running an SQL query "DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1); I did that and received no errors, however, when I tried to login the Admin login screen with username of 'Admin' and password of 'admin', I could not get in. Per ZenCart FAQs, I then logged in to my cPanel, opened the phpMyAdmin tool, selected Zen Cart database, opened the zen_admin table, clicked the Browse button, clicked the little pen icon, edited the record administrator username, in the "admin_pass" field enter the following string: 351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b. I have cleared cache and even used a different browser, yet I am still unable to login to the Zencart Admin page with 'Admin/admin' or any other possible user/pw. Amidst all of this, I now cannot place anything in the online shopping cart on our website.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin login still failing after all the expert suggestions...

Is the storefront still working fine? (It should be)
    What's your storefront URL?
    When you attempt your admin logins, does it tell you the password is wrong? If so, you need to use a valid password
    Or does it just refresh the page? If it's refreshing the page without any error, then it doesn't matter how many times you reset the password it won't let you in, because the problem is not password related if there's no error; instead it's a sessions issue caused by broken cookies in your browser. Related article: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...working-for-me

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.