Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need help with a couple of CSS styles on the left sidebar Categories

How do I get a bullet next to the new "All Products" like the other links have and put the separating line between the two?

And the hover is different compared to the other links, any idea what/where to add to make it have the same hover effect?

http://visionaryscience.net/

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with a couple of CSS styles on the left sidebar Categories

First, why do you have/want twoi links to All Products ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with a couple of CSS styles on the left sidebar Categories

I plan on deleting the bottom one, but I wanted to leave it as an example until I get these couple of things resolved.

Any idea? I'm still stuck.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Might try adding something like this to your stylesheet_betterCategoriesEzInfo.css:

Code:
    .category-links {
       border-bottom:1px dashed #ccc; 
       display: block; 
       padding-left: 15px; 
       background: url(..images/bc_cat_no_sub.gif) no-repeat; 
       background-position: 5px 8px;}
    Hope this helps.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Ok that did work, thank you.

Any idea how to get the arrow next to it like the rest of them?

Why is the Nootropics box bigger than the rest? I've seen this happen in Chrome & in Safari when it wasn't happening in firefox. Any clue what that's from?

Like in Chrome, Featured Products box is HUGE? (I wouldn't be opposed to even doing away with the Featured Products list, but I think the error will just happen to another box.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, I forgot a slash in the image url. If added, your arrow should be there. Sorry about that.

ORIGINAL:
    Code:
    background: url(..images/bc_cat_no_sub.gif) no-repeat;
    MODIFIED:
    Code:
    background: url(../images/bc_cat_no_sub.gif) no-repeat;
    Hope this helps.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Yes that did, thank you!

Any idea why the large boxes for Nootropics & Featured Products? (and why it's happening more in Chrome & Safari when it's not in Firefox?) I assume with Featured Products it's a larger box because it's taking up 2 lines of text, but the Nootropics one boggles me?

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Still stuck on this last thing, any help is greatly appreciated:

Any idea why the large boxes for Nootropics & Featured Products? (and why it's happening more in Chrome & Safari when it's not in Firefox?) I assume with Featured Products it's a larger box because it's taking up 2 lines of text, but the Nootropics one boggles me?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

In the source of your page, the All Products link has a <br /> after it. Find that and remove it and the Nootropics link should be the same as the others.

If you aren't going to use the right sidebox column, I would turn it off globally and make the left column bigger so Featured Products doesn't wrap. Easier to read and looks cleaner.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    In the source of your page, the All Products link has a <br /> after it. Find that and remove it and the Nootropics link should be the same as the others.

If you aren't going to use the right sidebox column, I would turn it off globally and make the left column bigger so Featured Products doesn't wrap. Easier to read and looks cleaner.
    Ok so taking a look at my tpl_categories.php I found 3 <br />

Which one should I edit & how? - Do I just delete the <br /> & leave the two ' ' or delete those as well?

Line 25:

Code:
         $content .= '<div id="' . str_replace('_', '-', $box_id . 'Content') . '" class="sideBoxContent">' . "\n";
        if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {
          $content .= '<a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) . '">' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL . '</a>' . "\n";
        }
    	$content .= '<br />' . "\n";
    Or line 82:

Code:
      if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_SPECIALS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_NEW == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {
    // display a separator between categories and links
        if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR_LINK == '1') {
    //      $content .= '<br />' . zen_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif') . '<br />';
    //      $content .= '<hr id="catBoxDivider" />' . "\n";
          $content .= '<br style="line-height: 0;" />' . '<hr id="catBoxDivider" />' . '<br style="line-height: 0;" />';
    Last edited by JohnnyScience; 27 May 2013 at 09:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast