Plugin Contributions

Default 28 connect timed out error

I'm getting a persistent 28 connect timed out error and not getting any joy from my host or paypal. I've read all the posts and done everything my host has suggested. Nothing has making any difference.
    Will it make any difference if I upgrade to V1.5 and/or change hosts?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 28 connect timed out error

Quote Originally Posted by annedig View Post
    Will it make any difference if I upgrade to V1.5 and/or change hosts?
    No to the upgrade, yes to the changing of hosts. (but that seems a bit drastic).

A pattern has been emerging in recent times whereby if both the host and PayPal deny responsibility it generally means your traffic is being blocked by a firewall/router somewhere in between. AT&T often being named as the cause of the blockage.

I'm not saying this is the cause (and it is certainly not the only cause). 12 months ago I'd probably have never even considered this as a possibility, but as I say, there seems to be a growing number of instances every week.

Cheers
    Rod

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Get your hosting company to email your server's IP address to [email protected] and ask that it be unblocked.
    If they won't do that, then at least get them to change your site's IP address.
    If they won't do that, find another host.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Your not the only one there. It's happening to me too. Paypal denied everything as said as it was a third party system they would not help. My hosting company is however looking into it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by corseter View Post
    Your not the only one there. It's happening to me too. Paypal denied everything as said as it was a third party system they would not help. My hosting company is however looking into it.
    Curious choice of words. I doubt PayPal "denied" anything. Perhaps a more correct way to say it would be that they advised you to resolve your communications problem by working with your hosting company.
    Truly there's nothing PayPal can actually do about it, since the problem is in the routing of traffic from your server to theirs. PayPal is just the destination, and can't be blamed if the freeway is blocked en route.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.