Thread: Fix Cache Key

Plugin Contributions

Default Fix Cache Key

Is it necessary or a must to run the
    Code:
    fix_cache_key.php
    when moving from a folder to another folder on a server and or moving from a host to another host?
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fix Cache Key

May not be necessaary but it insures that this is correct
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Is it necessary or a must to run the
    Code:
    fix_cache_key.php
    when moving from a folder to another folder on a server and or moving from a host to another host?
    Hi Kevin I have just finished setting up a 'Local Copy' of my live website. My last job was to put back the configure files from the original new setup. I have not yet run FCK utility, but I find that I can get my store up and running. I did find the images were missing and the logo.gif was an old copy. However when I try to log onto my 'admin' I found that I could only log on using my 'live site' user name and password. This surprised me because I set up the Local Copy and gave it a user name and password, of its own. Perhaps like me you have come this far and are apprehensive about destroying all your work. The logo.gif did change to the new one on a browser refresh of the store main page. The images are in their correct files, so I do not know why they are not loading, perhaps
    a pathway problem? Well good luck with your problem, if I do use FCK utility I will post a description of what happened.

Plugin Contributions

1)
    However when I try to log onto my 'admin' I found that I could only log on using my 'live site' user name and password. This surprised me because I set up the Local Copy and gave it a user name and password, of its own.
    That's what should happen if you have a duplicate of your live site database.

2) Fix cache key does nothing serious, just changes a absolute file location reference thats in the database and so needs to point to the new location when you move a site.

My working method is:
    1) Do all fiddling about with files locally.
    2) If I'm preparing a bulk import of products, I download the real db and restore it to the local site, run fix cache key, then repeatedly tweak the import spreadsheet/restore the database/tweak the spreadsheet/restore the database etc. etc. until its perfect before doing the import on the real site.
    The MYsql backup is essential for this. I've modified it to be able to run fix cache key directly from it every time, after a restore.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...