Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AuthorizeNet switch from test to production looses card pay option

Most payment modules work under the following premise, including Authorizenet-AIM:

1. Module must be Enabled (Green or Amber dot next to it in the Admin, and the Status radio-button at the top of the module's settings set to True)
    2. Customer's billing address must fall within the zone restrictions you've assigned to the module in the module's Admin settings. If the Payment Zone setting is set to other than --None--, then it will only activate if the customer's billing address is in the zone selected (ie: appropriate country+state). If you don't intend to disable the module for any geographic reasons, leave it set at --None--, which is the default.
    3. If the module takes live card data directly on your site (as the AIM module does), then SSL must be properly configured in your store. This means the HTTPS_SERVER setting contains a valid working URL and ENABLE_SSL is set to a string value of 'true' (not a boolean value of true, note the difference in quotes vs none).
    4. Some modules only activate if the purchase price is below a certain threshold. The AIM module doesn't have this restriction.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply Dr.Byte.

I have checked through the points you made, and found the following

The quote marks for ‘true’ in the php file had left and right single quotation marks, HTML number &#8216/7 and not single quotation mark HTML number '

‘true’
    not
    'true'
    the different type of quote mark must have failed being parsed, a frustrating error not plainly evident in the editor.
    Thank you for the check list.

Unfortunately, although the correct display of the credit card option with fields is now presented, clicking ‘continue’ on the page passes to
    checkout-confirm where the details are displayed,
    then clicking Confirm Order , throws back to the checkout-payment page for re-entry of data.
    the response has the error message,
    The request field(s) are either invalid or missing. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct the information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

despite the fact that the fields are correct, having been tried several times.

So I presume the aim module, or wherever this is processed, is not recognizing the details of the card holder.

Can you please suggest where I might look for this obstruction.

Thank you.

Kevin
    kevin_a

Plugin Contributions

I have resolved the connection.
    I appreciate that when you posted ..
    Undo any coding changes you've made to the module. There's no need to change the PHP code in order to switch from test to production. ONLY use the switch in the module's settings.
    If you don't put the code back to original, there's no point in us engaging with you for troubleshooting.
    that working from a default file is a safer way to proceed for troubleshooting than on a file with any edits.

However, when I reinstated the edit for the 3 authorizenet files, setting 'x_test_request' to FALSE, as proposed by Authorize.Net, the links were successful and payment possible in production mode.

Hopefully this is a closed thread, and I appreciate you picking it up and being patient with help through the obstacles.

Regards

Kevin
    kevin_a

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_a View Post
    However, when I reinstated the edit for the 3 authorizenet files, setting 'x_test_request' to FALSE, as proposed by Authorize.Net, the links were successful and payment possible in production mode.
    Things to note:
    1. The AIM module only uses the authorizenet_aim.php files. The other authorizenet files are NOT used by AIM. So best to put them back to originals.
    2. You said you had to make code changes related to x_test_request. That tells me that your admin switch settings are not properly being saved since, as you can see in the code, the only time the x_test_request parameters would be submitted as True is if the module's admin switch is set with test-mode as true.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12