Plugin Contributions

Default Had to reset admin login details in DB now problems in admin area

Hi Everyone,
    I have a site I had been working on for some time - no problems at all. Using V 1.5

Anywho went to login today after approx 6-8 weeks of not logging in and problems with password / username so tried to reset via the reset button which the email was coming through but there was no temporary password

SO moved onto resetting via the DB.

NOW thats all good - I can get in with Admin / admin login and have the following highlighted in Yellow across the top.

Warning: Your Admin login is not secure ... either you still have default login settings for: Admin admin or have not removed or changed: demo demoonly
    The login(s) should be changed as soon as possible for the Security of your Shop
    Go to Tools->Admin Settings to change login IDs and passwords.
    For additional Security for the Admin please see the /docs

OK so again thats fine until I try and go to TOOLS - instead of saying Admin Settings or even remotely similar it says BOX_TOOLS_ADMIN

and again an error:

Admin Settings

1054 Unknown column 'admin_level' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select admin_id, admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level from znc_admin order by admin_name limit 0, 20]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

No idea why??

This was a fresh install months ago - yes using a template that worked for a long time, until today.

Any help would be appreciated as I have googled and looked through I think everyone possible!

Alison

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Had to reset admin login details in DB now problems in admin area

Quote Originally Posted by aliali81 View Post
    OK so again thats fine until I try and go to TOOLS - instead of saying Admin Settings or even remotely similar it says BOX_TOOLS_ADMIN
    This is telling us that something is amiss with your english.php language file.

This is telling us that there is something amiss with your database.

I can't think of any single factor that could possibly cause both of these problems to appear at the same time.

I don't think it is a coincidence either.

There is too much missing from this picture to even hazzard a guess as to the cause. It has all the markings of being 'man made' though. Are you sure there isn't something that you aren't telling us? Such as a failed upgrade attempt using a 'one click installer' perhaps?

Cheers
    Rod

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Had to reset admin login details in DB now problems in admin area

Using V 1.5

and again an error:

Admin Settings

in:
    [select admin_id, admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level from znc_admin order by admin_name limit 0, 20]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    Those symptoms look like you're trying to use v1.3.x code on a v1.5.x site.
    So, that tells me you've installed something like a plugin or addon that was designed for v1.3.x and thereby replaced parts of the normal admin PHP code with old stuff.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.