Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Looking for Netregistry payments module

Robert,

done a bit of digging in the forums and I found the poster's website

horsemansshop dot com dot au

You may want to try and get in touch with the owner of the site and ask them for these files (zipped):

includes/modules/payment/netregistry.php
    includes/languages/english/modules/payment/netregistry.php

It would save a lot of time trying to port the osC module

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by p1drobert View Post
    That's the spirit Rod, can't win, don't try
    You must really love shooting yourself in the foot don't you.

Can't win, don't try philosophy will kick your ######## in the long run.
    That is *NOT* my philosophy, never has been, never will be. I've been developing *ground breaking* code, and have even achieved 'the impossible' ever since I first started programming way back in the 80's.

There is a *huge* difference between whether something can be done, and whether it is worthwhile doing it. My stance is that for the big businesses, like NAB, etc, *they* don't consider it worthwhile due to a lack of demand, or more specifically, a negative ROI.

In short, just freaking do it, and hope for the best. It beats sitting on your arse, unemployed and living with your parents.
    Where the F do you get off with these insinuations? I *work* up to 18 hours a day. I'm NOT unemployed, I'm on a disability pension. My parents both passed away many years ago.

So, WHY do I say you shot yourself in the foot? I've taken a look at the API and the requirements, and contrary to what *you* may think, this is a VERY EASY API to work with. I had *serious* consideration to slap a module together for myself when I saw how simple it would be to implement in any given store (any php developer with more than 6 months experience will be able to look at the API documention and create a suitable module with equal ease). It really is that simple! The API docs contains everything a developer could ask for, including sample code in several different programming languages, so much of the trickier stuff is simply a matter of cut n paste.

If that isn't enough. You've already identified that there is already an oscommerce module for this. You apparently don't appreciate how similar the ZenCart code and the OsCommerce code is. I estimate that it should take no more than about 30-60 minutes to convert the oscommerce module to ZenCart (and probably no more than 4 or 5 hours to develop from scratch, using the API examples).

So, now ask yourself, if it is as easy as I'm saying it is, then why hasn't it already been done (assuming it still hasn't). It's as I keep trying to tell you. Australia doesn't have the numbers. It has nothing to do with difficulty or complexity at all.

So, you now ask, if it's that simple, why don't *I* do it? Well, that's where you've shot yourself in the foot. Where as I would well have considered donating 30-60 minutes of my time to make the conversion for the benefit of Australian ZenCart merchants, I only envisage it will be used by no more than 4 or 5 people.
    You and Frank being two, Johanne (horsemansshop dot com dot au) being the 3rd, with perhaps two others that I'm unaware of. (It's not like they've been asking about it themselves). So, as I keep *trying* to get across to you, it isn't a matter of apathy, or difficulty, it is all a matter of demand (or lack of). Until you understand and appreciate this, you are going to be forever alienating yourself towards the handful of people in this country that have both the skills and incentive to create the code that you desire.

You would have been FAR better off without your needless and pointless insinuations. In fact you can now consider that it your response that has persuaded me that it isn't even worth spending 60 minutes on this. It would be a different story if I thought even just 10 others would benefit.

Perhaps a head count is in order? I really don't like having other people suffer due to the inconsideration of one person, and as I often do, I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is (as it were), so here's the deal.

IF TEN OR MORE AUSTRALIAN ZENCART MERCHANTS could indicate that they want, and *will use* a NAB Payment gateway module (and assuming a suitable solution hasn't been found) in say, the next 10 days. I will create such a module, free of charges and obligations.

On the other hand, if I don't get this response, I will ask that you once and for all stop insisting that there are actually 1000's of Aust ZenCart users, and the apparent lack of support for Australian Business has nothing to do with 'Apathy', but really is a matter of what I've been telling you for years. We don't have the numbers.

Does this seem fair and reasonable? If not, feel free to suggest a modification, keeping in mind, that my bottom line interest isn't to win any bets. It is about the only way I can think of to determine whether I'll be coding for one or two people (that already have 'issues' with me), or whether there will be a far greater benefit to a much larger audience. For less than 10 users, I don't consider it worth the time (others might).

On the other hand, you appear so confident that this will benefit 100's (or 1000's) of merchants that you should be able to rest assured that at least 10 of these 1000's will speak up.

Time to sit back and let *reality* take its course.

I'm confident the numbers won't be there, but I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Rgds
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm just doing an update for anyone else who was also looking for the netregistry payments module.
    Apaprently some one else has been using the OScommerce netregistry payments module and it works on zen cart for release version 1.3.9h (unmodified as I understand it). However it doesn't work for later releases of zen cart.

I had decided to take a punt and sign up with netregistry payments, unfortunately I was contacted by them 30 minutes after signing up and was told that they could only provide these services if I transferred my hosting over to them as well. As I did not want to lock my self into netregistry hosting I cancelled the whole process and given up on netregistry payments.

I wish to convey my thanks to all those that have contributed positively to this thread.

Plugin Contributions

Shheessh Robert. It's OK making things difficult for yourself, but do you really need to drag others into your idealistic view of the world as though it actually exists?

I'm just doing an update for anyone else who was also looking for the netregistry payments module.
    Considering the underwhelming response we've had had so far, to.......
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Perhaps a head count is in order? I really don't like having other people suffer due to the inconsideration of one person, and as I often do, I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is (as it were), so here's the deal.

IF TEN OR MORE AUSTRALIAN ZENCART MERCHANTS could indicate that they want, and *will use* a NAB Payment gateway module (and assuming a suitable solution hasn't been found) in say, the next 10 days. I will create such a module, free of charges and obligations.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

......The 'everyone else' don't appear to exist... Even I expected a *little* more interest.

Apaprently some one else has been using the OScommerce netregistry payments module and it works on zen cart.
    This could explain the lack of interest in having one created.

for release version 1.3.9h (unmodified as I understand it).
    Here is where we run into trouble. I can do more than give an 'As I understand it'. I can *confidently* type that this 'understanding' is *wrong*.
    I can just as confidently sit here and type "This is wrong" when someone states "2 + 2 = 5 as I understand it"

The reason why I can be so confident about this isn't because I'm so amazingly brilliant, but because I know the difference between tep_ and zen_

Your response is going to call me names, and perhaps imply that this is a matter of interpretation.

However it doesn't work for later releases of zen cart.
    Now.

That's the spirit Rod, can't win, don't try
    Then.

My spin: That's the spirit Rob, It doesn't work for later releases so there's no point in giving the URL for those 1000's of Aussies still running V1.3.9. Also, if someone was going to consider updating it for V1.5 compatibility purposes why should I help them by sharing the information I've discovered.. I'll tease them instead and just hint that it may exist.

No, that won't waste anyone's time at all will it?

I was contacted by them 30 minutes after signing up and was told that they could only provide these services if I transferred my hosting over to them as well. As I did not want to lock my self into netregistry hosting I cancelled the whole process and given up on netregistry payments..
    I will assume that you are either mistaken, or were misinformed about this. Either way, it is incorrect and misleading.

--------------------------------------------
    SECTION1: INTRODUCTION
    This document lists the different commands available to internally and externally hosted merchants for programming Netregistry’s e‐commerce gateway.
    1. What is the e‐commerce gateway?
    In simple terms, the e‐commerce gateway is a secure network through which merchants may facilitate online credit card Transactions with either St.George Bank (Ingenico) or the National Australia Bank (nab) (Quest).
    At Netregistry, this service is offered under the product Payment Gateway. This service may be used to connect to an existing Website located on our own servers,or externally at another provider.
    <Ref: http://www.netregistry.com.au/suppor...teway-API.html (3rd June 2013)

I wish to convey my thanks to all those that have contributed positively to this thread.
    Nothing to be read into this at all. I'm but one of the 1000's of participants, and I think my contributions have been positive. I have a hard time telling these days.

My offer to create/update/port a module (if something suitable doesn't already exist, and there is a show of hands to demonstrate that at least a *tiny handful* of people would benefit) still stands.

However, if you have already found/discovered there is already a working solution somewhere out there (even if only compatible with V1.3.9) then the least you can/should do is post a link as a truly positive and viable option for those that read this thread in the future. At the moment you appear to wish to end the thread as being somewhat up in the air without useful closure.

Rgds
    Rod.
    (Still sitting back and watching reality and expectations take take their course).

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

Thank you for your offer to write a Netregistry module; however as I said, its no longer required due to netregistry's insistance on locking people in to their Hosting services. People are always trying to lock people into bad deals. I'm not so idealistic that I can't see when people are trying to exploit people while pretending to help them.

I see there's an NAB module already and I'm currently considering them as an alternative to Eway.

Plugin Contributions

However, if you have already found/discovered there is already a working solution somewhere out there (even if only compatible with V1.3.9) then the least you can/should do is post a link as a truly positive and viable option for those that read this thread in the future. At the moment you appear to wish to end the thread as being somewhat up in the air without useful closure.

Rgds
    Rod.
    (Still sitting back and watching reality and expectations take take their course)....
    ... Still as per predictions... next come the insults..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12