Plugin Contributions

Default rename admin folder?

Hi Dr. Byte,

I just updated an old 3.8 store to 1.5.1. Everything went smoothly, until I tried to create a new product and add a virtual attribute, option names/value. After I added my fifth item it froze, then the file got an error "Error: file cannot be found, ..." I reuploaded a back up of various files that received the error. and in comparing the admin is just completely different. So, I made a safety of his old admin files, because he had no customizations, etc. But, when I looked at the configuration file, I noticed they were completely different. I have his admin labeled to something else, but cannot find any instructions on how to do this with these new path settings.

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\/vmacp/\-', $p1) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\/vmacp/\-', $p2) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

and

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../') . '/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/');

I want them to point to the admin that I renamed...say for sample purposes "newname" directory. How do I do this with these new paths. I'm just getting a blank page.

If I use the old admin, I am getting faulty errors or the moment I try to select and item to make an attribute, it kicks me off the page. Regardless, it's not finding the path. When I received this error, I noticed significant differences in the code. So, I made a safety of his original, and uploaded the admin files that work with this version. However, now I'm unable to set the correct paths for the admin. It's been a while since I've done this, but the old way, had a simpler little path to edit. This is a bit confusing to me. I was trying to find it in the wiki, but I wasn't able to find it in the search.

Can you help?

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: rename admin folder?

Quote Originally Posted by kinget View Post
    But, when I looked at the configuration file, I noticed they were completely different. I have his admin labeled to something else, but cannot find any instructions on how to do this with these new path settings.
    You're not supposed to touch the path settings in the admin configure.php file. That code which you say you don't know what to do with shouldn't be touched. That code is specifically auto-detecting the admin path SO THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO EDIT THE FILE IN ORDER TO RENAME YOUR ADMIN. Just rename the admin folder, and the config file takes care of things automatically. No editing required since v1.5.0

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default HELP - Problems with upgrade 1.3.8a to 1.5.1 - ERRORS - Need help w/paths

Hi Dr. Byte,

I just updated an old 1.3.8a store to 1.5.1. Everything went smoothly, until I tried to create a new product and add a virtual attribute, option names/value. After I added my fifth item it froze, then the file got an error "Error: file cannot be found, ..." I reuploaded a back up of various files that received the error. and in comparing the admin is just completely different. So, I made a safety of his old admin files, because he had no customizations, etc. But, when I looked at the configuration file, I noticed they were completely different.

I have his admin labeled to something else, but cannot find any instructions on how to do this with these new path settings.

For example this is:

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/adminname/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/adminname/');

was replaced with this

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\/vmacp/\-', $p1) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\/vmacp/\-', $p2) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');

and

This was replaced
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/user/public_html/adminname/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/user/public_html/');

By This:

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../') . '/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/');

These new paths confuse me as someone that hasn't done this for a while. How do I do this with these new paths. I'm just getting a blank page because they are not set up appropriately.

I want to see if by updating all the files in the admin solve my other issue with the attribute problems.

When I went to add a new product in the store as a "combi" product for download. I went and set up option names and values. I set up the first group of options, everything went fine. When I went to the second group. the entire store stalled. From there I kept getting errors every time I went to the attribute page, that it couldn't be found and try to refresh or try again. I also received these errors on other files. When I replaced the files with backups...it worked again. Or at least I thought. When I went back to try and continue setting up the attribute, I scrolled down the list and wanted to click on "DISPLAY" in the box to bring up the item I wanted to edit, but it kicked me out back to the front dash board of the admin. So, now I can't even select any item to edit on the attributes page.

So, I tried an experiment, by looking at the files. I have the old files saved, and the store will work, wtih the exception of kicking me out everytime I try to select a product to create/edit the attribute. Or I intermittently receive faulty errors or the moment I try to select and item to make an attribute, it kicks me off the page. Regardless, it's not finding the path.

When I received this error, I noticed significant differences in the code. So, I made a safety of his original, and uploaded the admin files that work with this version. However, now I'm unable to set the correct paths for the admin. It's been a while since I've done this, but the old way, had a simpler little path to edit. This is a bit confusing to me. I was trying to find it in the wiki, but I wasn't able to find it in the search.

Can you help?

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP - Problems with upgrade 1.3.8a to 1.5.1 - ERRORS - Need help w/paths

Your duplicate posts have been merged

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.