Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Congratulations! You have successfully installed ...

I've looked online and seen a tutorial of how to change or remove this message, but I don't have an index.php where it's supposed to be (includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php). Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I got most of the other stuff taken care of, but I can't get this one.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Congratulations! You have successfully installed ...

Um ... if you don't have an /includes/languages/english/index.php then you've got a bad install, since that file does indeed come with the original official Zen Cart code.

You can download the official code via the download link at www.zen-cart.com home page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Admin > Tools > Developers Tool Kit

do a search for "You have successfully installed" (without my quotes) and you should find the language file.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I downloaded the zen cart latest version, found the index.php and changed the lines that said "Congratulations!..............". I then checked the web page and there was no change. Then I came back here and saw the reply to my question that said I could do a word search. I did a word search and the words showed up at this address: /home/content/44/10986844/html/includes/languages/english/index.php Then I went back and deleted the custom/index.php file I just uploaded and tried a word search again. The lines still showed up at: /home/content/44/10986844/html/includes/languages/english/index.php So I'm not sure what the next correct move should be.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Copy your /home/content/44/10986844/html/includes/languages/english/index.php file to /home/content/44/10986844/html/includes/languages/english/NAME_OF_YOUR_TEMPLATE_FOLDER_HERE/index.php and then make your changes in that file.

In case it's not obvious, put the actual name of your template folder where I said NAME_OF_YOUR_TEMPLATE_FOLDER_HERE above.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by evilsorcerer1 View Post
    Okay, I downloaded the zen cart latest version, found the index.php and changed the lines that said "Congratulations!..............". I then checked the web page and there was no change. Then I came back here and saw the reply to my question that said I could do a word search. I did a word search and the words showed up at this address: /home/content/44/10986844/html/includes/languages/english/index.php Then I went back and deleted the custom/index.php file I just uploaded and tried a word search again. The lines still showed up at: /home/content/44/10986844/html/includes/languages/english/index.php So I'm not sure what the next correct move should be.
    includes/languages/english/index.php is the file to edit (respectively your corresponding template file)

edit: see DrByte's post just above for a more detailed explanation

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded the zen cart latest version, found the index.php and changed the lines that said "Congratulations!..............". I then checked the web page and there was no change
    You might have to clear your browser's cache - or it may be your ISP's cache that is holding this up
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I put the index.php file in my folder I called custom. I'll also clear my browser's cache. Is it possible to clear the ISP's cache? Also, could it have anything to do with permissions in the FTP File Manager? It's wierd, because even when I didn't have an index.php file in includes/languages/english I did a word search and the file was apparently there. Could it be called something else? Or be somewhere else? Because apparently the file is somewhere, right? It isn't a default back to Zen Cart's home page, is it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's the name of your personalized template folder under /includes/templates/ ?

Plugin Contributions

the name is includes/languages/english/custom/index.php But the thing is, I don't think that's the problem. When I first submitted this thread the question was "where is the index.php file located (because I couldn't find the index.php file). Then I received a reply that I got a bad install and I could download the official code at www.zen-cart.com. So I went there and downloaded the latest version of zen cart, changed the index.php file so my web page wouldn't have the "Congratulations! You have successfully........." line in it, and uploaded it to includes/languages/english/custom/index.php But there was no change. So the index.php file I have in there right now probaly isn't doing anything> Am I correct? And I don't know if there is an index.php file somewhere else, if it is called something else, or what. I'm totally lost at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast