Plugin Contributions

Default Re:Superglobals : Failure to install and run the ‘superglobals.sql.

Hi, Good morning everyone. I wonder if anyone could comment on my failure to install the above mentioned file, thanks in advance for any help I may get.
    I downloaded the latest package (super_globals_plus_v1.4.4) into a Windows Vista PC. I am running ZC151 with the latest XAMPP download. The setup is Localhost, which appears to running OK.
    The files from the unzipped download were installed as follows:
    store/includes/functions/extra_functions/superglobals.php
    store/includes/templates/myTemp/common/tpl_main_page.php
    store/includes/templates/myTemp/css/stylesheet_superglobals.css
    store/admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/superglobals.php
    store/superglobals.PNG
    store/superglobals.sql
    store/superglobals_remove.sql

I found that the file superglobals.sql could not be pasted into the SQL window in
    phpMyAdmin; I then tried the SQL patch in the Admin>Tools and once again failed. I checked the permissions of the ‘superglobals.sql’ and I ticked all the boxes. I got no joy whatsoever. One other thing I could not change the name of the YOUR_TEMPLATE, again checking permissions, and adjusting failed to resolve the problem.

This download was suggested to me on the forums about 7 – 10 days ago, in response to asking how I could get a deeper understanding of ZC. Although I have seen a chart, I have no idea how it will display. I believe running the SQL file generates the data. The display of the data is via Admin>Configuration and supported by the above files. Is this how it works; is the display static or can you drill down?

I am still new to the Zen Cart software, so is there anyone that could explain if my actions above are in theory correct, or am I doing something inappropriate. Thanks again for any advice and/or guidance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Superglobals : Failure to install and run the ‘superglobals.sql.

Hi Lewisasding,

the sql adds the configuration settings of the script to the database, several of these settings can be used to drill down the data display. Note that the data is not generated by the script, it only makes it more convenient to display and evaluate the already available data.

Also note that this is a developers tool. It's targeted at developers who have reasonable understanding of php, and want to speed up and improve their Zen Cart learning process and development.

Below this post you can find a "Similar Threads" box, there you see the "Superglobals Plus" support thread. I suggest you to ask further questions in the support thread,

hth,
    Paul
    Last edited by paulm; 31 May 2013 at 11:39 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Superglobals : Failure to install and run the ‘superglobals.sql.

Thanks for your reply Paulm I will do as you suggest. I started programming in the late 1970's on what was then called an Apple 2e and another similar machine by IBM a Commodore , my last language used was MUMPS in the 1990's. Nearly all the languages learned were in BASIC apart from some machine programming in the 1980's. I'm coming to terms with php, css and even HTML , but the curve is steep. Thanks again for your prompt reply.