Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to Access Admin Area Invokes /admin/alert_page.php

Have made the jump from v1.38a to v1.51 and almost have it. I've got two things that are strange. I have renamed my admin folder.

1. When I attempt to access my admin area at www.MyDomainName.com/NewAdminFolderName the address changes to:

www.MyDomainName.com/admin/alert_page.php

which is a dis-jointed, mixed-up content of my websites home page.

Why do I get redirected to this page?

2. When I go to the home page of Zen Cart at:
    www.MyDomainName.com/ZenCart

I get the shopping cart with this message:

Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce Solution.

and then there is an ad for the Zen Cart's Owner's Manual.

Why is there an ad and how do I fix it?
    Last edited by powrwrap; 5 Jun 2013 at 02:19 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to Access Admin Area Invokes /admin/alert_page.php

Would it be related to these lines in NewAdminFolderName/includes/configure

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/ZenCart/admin/');
    define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/MyDomainName/admin/');

i.e. I should change admin to "NewAdminFolderName"?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Since v1.5.0 those lines don't contain hard-coded paths. They are dynamically generated if you're using configure.php files built by zc_install.

2. Since v1.3.9 you are no longer allowed to use "admin" as your admin foldername, but must instead rename it to something else. Starting with v1.5.0 and newer, this only requires renaming the folder, and no configure.php file edits.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    1. Since v1.5.0 those lines don't contain hard-coded paths. They are dynamically generated if you're using configure.php files built by zc_install.
    As per the upgrade instructions I copied over my /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php from my old store folder and made changes to the DIR_FS, DIR_WS and DB.XXX portions of them.

2. Since v1.3.9 you are no longer allowed to use "admin" as your admin foldername, but must instead rename it to something else. Starting with v1.5.0 and newer, this only requires renaming the folder, and no configure.php file edits.
    I did rename the admin foldername.

So, how to I resolve this problem of not being able to get to the admin area?

Also why is there an ad appearing for the Zen Cart manual and how to I remove it?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
    I did rename the admin foldername.
    As you upgraded from Zen Cart 1.3.x, your configure.php files will not be altered and will retain the Zen Cart 1.3.x lines for handling the admin folder location. At this time only "clean" installs of Zen Cart 1.5.x will result in the generation of Zen Cart 1.5.x configure.php files with the new features to automatically handle when the admin folder is renamed.

Because your "configure.php" files are from Zen Cart 1.3.x, follow the instructions for Zen Cart 1.3.x in this article: How Do I rename My Admin.

A useful reference for what each line in the configure.php does can be found in this article: configure.php file explained.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhūngīl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    As you upgraded from Zen Cart 1.3.x, your configure.php files will not be altered and will retain the Zen Cart 1.3.x lines for handling the admin folder location. At this time only "clean" installs of Zen Cart 1.5.x will result in the generation of Zen Cart 1.5.x configure.php files with the new features to automatically handle when the admin folder is renamed.

Because your "configure.php" files are from Zen Cart 1.3.x, follow the instructions for Zen Cart 1.3.x in this article: How Do I rename My Admin.

A useful reference for what each line in the configure.php does can be found in this article: configure.php file explained.
    Yep, that was it! I had to rename /admin in those three lines as per the instructions for renaming MyAdmin in v1.38 to /mynewname

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

No problem and thank you for letting us know it worked!
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhūngīl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
    Also why is there an ad appearing for the Zen Cart manual and how to I remove it?
    That's from the default define_ pages. You can replace it with your custom content by simply activating your custom template, assuming of course that your custom template and language files have been transferred over after you've merged changes into them.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's from the default define_ pages. You can replace it with your custom content by simply activating your custom template, assuming of course that your custom template and language files have been transferred over after you've merged changes into them.
    Yes, I see that now. Looks like I've got to track down a few changes that were made to the home screen, the shopping cart contents screen, and the checkout success screen. I'm almost done with the upgrade. Thanks for the help.