Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No admin...but store shows up!

I am working on it now......I have the hosting company on the phone also going over the config files to see if something isn't right.
    I will let you know if I find something!

Thank you :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Unless your previous version was 1.5.0, it's not a good idea to use the old admin configure.php as things were changed for PCI compliance.
    My previous version was 1.3.9, but since I did not have a solution, I tried this.

But, I guess, I will have to wait, till someone posts a solution. Can someone tell if the file downloading with the current version is OK.
    To the best of my knowledge, the database details seem to be correct.
    http://www.raunharman.com
    http://www.raunharman.net
    Website Development, E-Book Solutions & Handicraft Exports

Plugin Contributions

Well, it's fixed....
    I can not tell you exactly what line the problem was on but it WAS in the ADMIN Configure.php file. I re-uploaded the file and went through it piece by piece and added the database details WITH my hosting company on the phone. It was probably in one of the strings of database info.

So, as my hosting company was saying....if your store is there and your admin back end can not be accessed...then it is most definitely in the admin configure file. Where it was, I do not know, like I said I replaced it with a fresh copy and re-entered the information. Somewhere in the change over something got messed up.

Now, note that I did try the same thing with the old copy still in there and it did not work, but it did work with the fresh upload.

So, try that also....upload a fresh copy and make sure all your details are correct.....it might also help to get them on the phone and have them look at it also....maybe they can see something that you are overlooking.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I didn't think mine was ever gonna work again, but now it does!!!

Good luck to you !!!

Plugin Contributions

I tried to get answers even with the server (1and1), but it seems they don't know either. Maybe someone has a direction as for what I should do now. I'm not a programmer. I have an online store since 2008 with a Zen Cart template, the version is 1;3;1. Not upgraded to 1;5;1. I do the management of products myself. My programmer was not too familiar with Migrating to MySQL5 so the people at 1and1 helped me do it myself guiding me on the phone. It worked. They are now using the PHP 5.4. After Migrating the website to MYsQL5 my programmer then pointed the files to the new database and now the online store shows. Beautiful! Well, not so much... The Zen cart, the Admin where I upload products or take down inventory, is not connected to the online store after that. Therefore I can't upload a new product or do anything. It's like the "umbilical cord" that existed before does not anymore. It will be a problem soon as the products at the store are being sold and inventory is not updated. Also I can't upload anything new or change price. I basically don't have access to the store since the Zen cart is Not connected to it. I DO have access to the zen cart and CAN upload or make changes inside the admin, but as it is not connected to the store nothing I do at the zen cart is "informed" to the online store. I noticed that a new customer and its purchase was not registered inside the Admin. Yet I was (thankfully) informed via email (like always) about the purchase, with shipping address and everything else. Is it because the Zen cart is not compatible with HP5.4 or Mysql5? or maybe I should have updated to the new version of Zen Cart 1.5.1? Like I said I am not the programmer but am trying to find answers. Thank you, Fabiano DeMoraes (Designer at TFabiano.com)

Plugin Contributions

Did your programmer also change the Admin config file to point to the new Server?

Also, it is confusing when you say you cannot connect to the Admin section and then you say you can?

"The Zen cart, the Admin where I upload products or take down inventory, is not connected to the online store after that."

"I DO have access to the zen cart and CAN upload or make changes inside the admin, but as it is not connected to the store nothing I do at the zen cart is "informed" to the online store."

Is it possible that after the migration you now have 2 stores?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TFabiano View Post
    I tried to get answers even with the server (1and1), but it seems they don't know either. Maybe someone has a direction as for what I should do now. I'm not a programmer. I have an online store since 2008 with a Zen Cart template, the version is 1;3;1. Not upgraded to 1;5;1. I do the management of products myself. My programmer was not too familiar with Migrating to MySQL5 so the people at 1and1 helped me do it myself guiding me on the phone. It worked. They are now using the PHP 5.4. After Migrating the website to MYsQL5 my programmer then pointed the files to the new database and now the online store shows. Beautiful! Well, not so much... The Zen cart, the Admin where I upload products or take down inventory, is not connected to the online store after that. Therefore I can't upload a new product or do anything. It's like the "umbilical cord" that existed before does not anymore. It will be a problem soon as the products at the store are being sold and inventory is not updated. Also I can't upload anything new or change price. I basically don't have access to the store since the Zen cart is Not connected to it. I DO have access to the zen cart and CAN upload or make changes inside the admin, but as it is not connected to the store nothing I do at the zen cart is "informed" to the online store. I noticed that a new customer and its purchase was not registered inside the Admin. Yet I was (thankfully) informed via email (like always) about the purchase, with shipping address and everything else. Is it because the Zen cart is not compatible with HP5.4 or Mysql5? or maybe I should have updated to the new version of Zen Cart 1.5.1? Like I said I am not the programmer but am trying to find answers. Thank you, Fabiano DeMoraes (Designer at TFabiano.com)
    Fabiano, it sounds like the database used by your Zen Cart admin is not the same database as that used by your Zen Cart store. I've got stores running both v1.5.0 and v1.5.1 on 1and1 servers which currently run PHP 5.4.x. If you're really running v1.3.1 of Zen Cart, that could be a problem on PHP 5.4.

I'm not familiar with Zen Cart v1.3.1, but in v1.3.8a and later, the database constants in the files /includes/configure.php and /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php should be identical for the admin settings to affect the store's settings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12