Plugin Contributions

Default Paymate module only shows for downloads

This is a general problem with all my payment methods, but mainly it applies to Paymate so I'll put it here.

95% of sales are downloads, with the option to receive the files on disc, so a few are shipped, using Zones Rates module. Payment module choices are Paypal, Paymate, Bank Transfer, plus an extra called 'pre-arranged payment' to fix the problems with Paymate not always returning to the Store.

The idea is that Paymate and bank transfer are only offered to locals, so these are restricted to a local zone only.

The problem I'm having is that Paymate and bank transfer only show up for downloads (which use the freeshipper module.) Anything that needs to be shipped, only Paypal and pre-arranged show up.

The result is I'm getting incorrect payment methods offered. If shipping is involved, the zone restrictions work, but only Paypal and pre-arranged show up. If downloads only, zone restrictions don't work, and all payment methods show up.

So what stops Paymate from being offered to all locals, for both downloads and shipped discs?

Any ideas appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paymate module only shows for downloads

On PayMate payment module, did you customize it for paymate username where it says username and your site address where it says www.site.com.au ...

Have you an URL to one of your Products that is not working right with PayMate?

Do you have a Zone Definition setup for PayMate? If so, what are the DETAILS set to for that Zone Definition?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have Paymate set properly and working (subject to the normal issues, where it doesn't always return customers to the Store), I've been using it for a while now, and it still works fine for download orders, just not for shipping.

Here's one of the products -- it should give you 'Paymate' as a payment option if you leave it as a download, the problem starts when you select 'DVD' as the delivery method.

The only use I have for Zones to try and restrict the Paymate module to New Zealand only, so I have a 'New Zealand' zone and a 'rest of the world' zone. (although restricted to just a handful of countries at the moment.)

Even if I set the Paymate zone to 'none' it works the same way. In fact I'll leave it like that if you want to test it.

So the problem is that Paymate is shown for downloads, but not foe DVDs.

Plugin Contributions

Could you zip your file for:
    /includes/modules/payment/paymate.php

and attach it here?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to mess you around, I did find a wee bug in Paymate.php.
    Now it's back to normal, except that I'm still not able to prevent a payment method from showing for downloads. It seems like the zone isn't recognised if the shipping page is skipped. This applies to both the Paymate and Bank Transfer modules. It would be nice to make these disappear, as overseas Paymate payments are usually delayed, which causes problems for customers who want to download immediately.