Plugin Contributions

Default free shipping for USA only for $50+ suddenly gives free shipping to UAE....

Hello guys. I have my settings set for free shipping in 48 Lower states if customer spends $50 or more. For any order below this amount and/or out of this 48 states UPS rates take over.
    This settings was working smooth for USA and worldwide for almost a year with no changes. Last two months i am having some weird things happening already second time.
    Someone places an order to be shipped to Singapore and the store gives him a free shipping. When i put that same address into my account and put all that same exact items i get worldwide shipping UPS rates.
    Same thing happened yesterday. Someone placed an order to be shipped to Abu-Dhabi UAE and it did gave a free shipping instead of a UPS worldwide ($86.00 difference).
    I think they put billing info an american address then shipping info an american address, then they go modify the shipping address to change it to something else, and something happens at that point, may be caches problem or something. But even i put identical information into my testing customer account, i cannot recreate this, i get regular UPS rates, meaning my settings are correct. Anyone ever had this situation/bug or whatever this is?
    i am running 1.5.0.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: free shipping for USA only for $50+ suddenly gives free shipping to UAE....

I have my settings set for free shipping in 48 Lower states if customer spends $50 or more.
    Are you using Free Shipping Options freeoptions for this or what method to manage Free Shipping to the US 48 on orders of $50.00 or greater?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: free shipping for USA only for $50+ suddenly gives free shipping to UAE....

Best Rate

Enable Table Method
    True

Shipping Table
    7.99:0, 49.99:7.00, 1000:0

Table Method
    price

Handling Per Order or Per Box
    Order

Shipping Zone
    48 Lower States

Sort Order
    ------------------------

Enable UPS Shipping
    True

UPS Pickup Method
    RDP

UPS Packaging?
    CP

Residential Delivery?
    RES

Handling Fee

Handling Per Order or Per Box
    Box

Tax Class
    --none--

Tax Basis
    Billing

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort order of display.

Shipping Methods:

1DA, 2DM, 2DA, 3DS, GND, STD, XPR, XPD, WXS

Plugin Contributions

Shipping Table
    7.99:0, 49.99:7.00, 1000:0
    This gives Free Shipping on Orders up to 7.99, then charges $7.99 on orders up to $49.99 then gives Free Shipping on Orders up to 1000 ... for the Zone you call 48 Lower States ...

How many are in the DETAILS for this Zone Definition for 48 Lower States?

Do all of your Products have Weight on them?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

i am using an addon 48 lower states + DC. in details there are 49 zones in it in total. yes every product have weight listed (you made me to go check it again lol).

Plugin Contributions

How much were the orders that got the Free Shipping?

What did the Shipping read in the Orders in your Admin? More or less the Order Total list at the bottom ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Subtotal 109.00
    Best Rate Shipping: 0.00

total 109.00

When i place the same order to go to that exact address using same exact items, i get only 3 choices to choose from: worldwide express, worldwide saver or worldwide expedited. I dont get Best rate option to be able to select it at all.

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, looks like this shipping estimator getting confused with UAE zip codes.... i just found out there is no zip codes there, they use PO box numbers instead.... but still... why it wont get confused with me?

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you only test on the checkout_shipping for now ...

Do you happen to have Master Password Encrypted installed where you could quick test these specific customers?

NOTE: remember to empty their carts before logging out so they do not get surprises next time they shop ...
    Linda McGrath