Plugin Contributions

Default Require Customer File Upload

I have a product for which I want to require the customer to upload an image file. There is a File Upload Required Add-on, but it is built for 1.3.9 and I am running 1.5.1. I wonder if anyone has tried installing this in a version newer than 1.3.9? Or might there be another way to require a file upload?

[Mine is a new install of 1.5.1, not an upgrade, if that makes a difference. I have installed COWOA and I will be using Paypal Express Checkout.]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Require Customer File Upload

You can attach a FILE attribute to those specific products, and the customer will then be asked to select the file before clicking Add To Cart ... and then when they checkout their file will automatically be attached to their order.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...s-to-a-product

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I have file attributes, but I want to require customers to submit a file before they can checkout. Right now customers can complete checkout without uploading a file. (The red button only applies to the text option, as I understand it.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DanniMichigan View Post
    I have a product for which I want to require the customer to upload an image file. There is a File Upload Required Add-on, but it is built for 1.3.9 and I am running 1.5.1. I wonder if anyone has tried installing this in a version newer than 1.3.9? Or might there be another way to require a file upload?

[Mine is a new install of 1.5.1, not an upgrade, if that makes a difference. I have installed COWOA and I will be using Paypal Express Checkout.]

HI, I need file uplaod to be required. Unfortunately, the current files do not work on 1.5.1 so I had to customize it and I got it to work. I am also using COWOA. The Plug-in Module is Pending Approval. Let me know if you need help in the meantime.

Plugin Contributions

When I use File Upload Required on a product by itself it works fine.

If there are other options on the product the script fails and produces a blank page or a HTTP 500 error.

I am using 1.5.1 and what I am finding is that if the file upload required is installed, any option other than the file upload will crash the script.

Example:
    Product - 11x14 photo enlargement -
    Options:
    Photo Upload

Paper Type ( radio buttons )
    -Glossy
    -Satin

Add Name ( Text Field )

Add additional Wording ( Text Field )

Choose Font ( Drop Down )

The script fails if you select the file to upload and try to select any other options
    The script fails no matter what you do with the options.
    the script fails if you don't have the file upload, but have other options on the product.

the script works if you "only" have the file upload as an option

this is site wide - its not specific the product
    if I have another product that doesn't have a upload but has a different option
    the script fails when you add to cart

Any Time you "Add To Cart" the script fails, unless you don't have any options, or you have the File Upload Required by itself

Please Help