Plugin Contributions

Default Can purchase item that has had category disabled....

If an item has been created recently and the category that the item is in is disabled.... you can still purchase that item through the "New Products" tab....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can purchase item that has had category disabled....

Right.

If the product is not disabled, you can still purchase it.

The ability to add-to-cart is product-based, not category-based.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

To specify.... I created the items first.... then disabled the categories afterward.... not certain if it makes a difference... I caught this because I disabled all categories for testing purposes...

Plugin Contributions

Ok, sorry, used to older version where you disable category and all items got disabled... so this doesn't happen now?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, one more thing.... I ONLY see the new products then after I have disabled all categories? Is that working correctly? When I do a search it will not pull up the items coming up in the "New products" ... nothing comes up in searches... I am unable to see the products that are not new...

Plugin Contributions

When I look at the "Categories" menu "Products - Top" all categories quantities show 0 of XXX

Plugin Contributions

Ok, there may be another issue here.... these particular items I have on existing live site but cannot find them in the master category.... so there is a different problem I don't know what it is...

The items are active on live and on dev site....

Plugin Contributions

Can you give me idea why not showing in master category (cannot find in admin search either) and I will look to see if I can fix? I can pull up by putting the products_id number into html of regular item.... save but still cannot get to come up...

Plugin Contributions

Okay, this issue goes back to the problem I first mentioned (in previous post).... these items do not have a row in the "products_to_categories" table...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

How exactly did you manage to get no record in the products_to_categories table?

Are you using some external service/plugin to inject your products/categories?

In fact, please go back to step 1: Explain ALL the ways in which your site differs from original Zen Cart code. Plugins, code changes, customizations, external services, PHP version, everything. (That's why we ask for it in the Posting Tips that shows up above the Reply box when you click Reply)

EDIT: Moving this out of the Bug Reports area, because this doesn't appear to be a ZC bug. More likely it's a result of data tampering or using external tools with bad data.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.