Plugin Contributions

Default Looking to create a payment module that has 5 custom fields

Hi,

I spent lots of time browsing and reading threads, but still have not found a payment module that allows you to add some custom fields. My goal is to gather the info then process the payment manually. Attached is a pic of exactly what I need.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am willing to clone an existing module and modify it if necessary.

Name:  paybycheck.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  54.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Looking to create a payment module that has 5 custom fields

The authorizenet_echeck module collects similar info, although naturally it also submits it immediately to the live authnet gateway. Might be a helpful starting point.
    Or, there's already a couple direct-bank-deposit modules in the plugins library which may already have all the work done for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I searched and searched through the plugins. Most of them allow you to post the store's bank info for the transfer, whereas, I need to collect this from customers paying by check. Also, I have to be able to include the picture of the sample check.

As for the authorizenet_echeck module, I am looking at it, and it seems like there would be too much re-coding to do compared to having a simple payment module that allows you to add custom fields. It doesn't even have to be connected to a 3rd party..just record the info to the database / invoice.

Plugin Contributions

I'm sure you are fully aware of just how secure your server will need to be in order to collect and store this information. You are automatically making yourself extreme high risk when it comes to PCI standards. Do you really feel you'll have enough of this to warrant it's addition to your quiver?

Also, make sure you have an image that is royalty free. I've seen this image on sites, but most all of them are government. Even if you found the image on a "free" site, it doesn't mean that it doesn't "belong" to someone. There's a law firm that makes millions each year just suing folks who think they are using a free image.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Right. Where are you planning to securely store this bank account information? How are you going to protect it from being abused if your webserver were hacked or otherwise compromised?
    Storing the information unencrypted is a dangerous faux pas.
    And emailing it is no better, since email is the most vulnerable to theft and/or accidental sharing/disclosure.

Not saying you can't do it. Just be sure that if you do do it, that you've taken proper security precautions, else you'll be liable for all the fines and fees and lost funds if theft occurs.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am fully aware of all the measures I must take.

Still anxiously awaiting some productive answers that relate to the question I am asking.

Plugin Contributions

Please understand that (many times) our answers are formulated not only for the poster but for those that search for similar items in the forum. Not every one is knowledgeable of the MANY pitfalls of trying to do what you plan.

As the good doctor has said, it is possible to do this. Probable? Maybe. However, this might be outside the expertise or (more likely) available time of most on this forum. This would be a major project to meet all programming AND security issues.

Perhaps it's time to search ODesk or some other site for someone who can be more productive for you. Someone who's an expert in processing eChecks using PHP should be a specific search that could get the results you seek.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply. I made the exact module I was referring to (using open cart) by recoding an existing module. It took less than one hour. I am surprised that it seems so complicated using Zen Cart.

I just need an offline payment module that has a few text fields

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I just need an offline payment module that has a few text fields
    Fine. Download ZC v1.3.8a and pull the cc.php payment module to use as a template. It was removed from core code for PCI reasons, so you will need to handle security issues yourself.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info. Would it be easier to use let's say cocard E-check module and just change this line so it points to the next step of the checkout process on my site?:

$this->form_action_url = "https://secure.cocardgateway.com/gw/api/transact.php";