Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Data Corrupted after server error

Many months ago, we had a server error and part of the customer data was corrupted in the address book part of the SQL file we used to recover from. 100 entries in the address book had to matched up to the Customers set to the Address Book. I thought I also set the DEFAULT ADDRESS IDs but I am seeing some still at 0 for 100 customers. Some returning customers were having to go in and set one of their address to DEFAULT to fix the problem.

Rather than try to patch this as their may be another problem, how best can I delete all customers? I understand we would lose all historical order data, etc.
    Aloha from Hawaii! (its a dirty job, but SOMEBODY has to live here...)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Data Corrupted after server error

For what it is worth, all orders go through PayPal from the cart. I wonder if there might be a way to force any customer to be a guest and just let PayPal handle it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you saying that AFTER you manually fixed those 100 records, they are suddenly now NOT fixed? ie: set back to 0 again?
    Or are you saying you missed some?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I THOUGHT I fixed them back in march. I see some today at zero. They are existing customers.

I think the problem was that oftentimes a customer had multiple shipping addresses and I did not want to manually choose one to be their default because it might have been an address they shipped to that was not theirs.

I also had no easy way to force those customers to go into their book and set a default. I added a notice at checkout for them to review the entries upon checkout.

What I suspect is happening is that Paypal allows them to check out by bypassing Zencarts initial cart checkout procedure (where the big warning is to verify their address), or they are not manually filling out the default address setting for their shipping address.

Is there a way to just force them that if their default shipping address is 0 to have to fix their address?

Other than the address issues for existing customers, the rest of the cart has been working with no other errors.

In no easy way to force the customer to update and/or fix their address, or should I just delete those customers effected?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mshultise View Post
    I THOUGHT I fixed them back in march. I see some today at zero. They are existing customers.

I think the problem was that oftentimes a customer had multiple shipping addresses and I did not want to manually choose one to be their default because it might have been an address they shipped to that was not theirs.

I also had no easy way to force those customers to go into their book and set a default. I added a notice at checkout for them to review the entries upon checkout.

What I suspect is happening is that Paypal allows them to check out by bypassing Zencarts initial cart checkout procedure (where the big warning is to verify their address), or they are not manually filling out the default address setting for their shipping address.

Is there a way to just force them that if their default shipping address is 0 to have to fix their address?

Other than the address issues for existing customers, the rest of the cart has been working with no other errors.

In no easy way to force the customer to update and/or fix their address, or should I just delete those customers effected?
    if you still have missing addresses...can you use the old addresses stored in the old orders to help fix it?

Plugin Contributions

If I want to do it manually. There are perhaps 100 people to fix.

Plugin Contributions

well, a couple of SQL scripts could automate the process...just thinking out loud...

Plugin Contributions

That is what I did before, manually print the customer pointers, match them manually to the address book entries and created a SQL update file.

Since this was months ago I think those files are lost and I would have to start over recreating them.

Since the problem is just be customer related, I wonder if truncating a few sets (orders, customers, etc) might be one way. Otherwise we end up recreating the whole store again.

I just don't understand all the links and thus have not delved into it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This could clean it up automatically when they login (assuming they log in directly):

/includes/modules/pages/login/header_php.php
    Code:
            $messageStack->add('login', TEXT_LOGIN_ERROR);
          } else {
            if (SESSION_RECREATE == 'True') {
              zen_session_recreate();
            }

if ($check_customer->fields['customers_default_address_id'] == 0) {
              $sql = "SELECT address_book_id
                                    FROM " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . "
                                    WHERE customers_id = :customersID";
              $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':customersID', $check_customer->fields['customers_id'], 'integer');
              $test = $db->Execute($sql);
              if ($test->RecordCount() == 1) {
                $sql = "UPDATE " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " SET customers_default_address_id = :addressBookID WHERE customers_id = :customersID";
                $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':customersID', $test->fields['customers_id'], 'integer');
                $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':addressBookID', $test->fields['address_book_id'], 'integer');
                $result = $db->Execute($sql);
                $check_customer->fields['customers_default_address_id'] = $test->fields['address_book_id'];
              } else {
                $messageStack->add_session('header', 'ALERT: There seems to be a problem with your address book entries. Please re-select your primary address before going through checkout.', 'error');
                $address_book_error = TRUE;
                //zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK, '', $request_type));
              }
            }

$check_country_query = "SELECT entry_country_id, entry_zone_id
    and, same file, about 20 lines later:
    Code:
            $_SESSION['cart']->restore_contents();
            // eof: not require part of contents merge notice

if (isset($address_book_error) && $address_book_error == TRUE) {
      zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK, '', $request_type));
    }

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'll give that a try. Thanks.