Plugin Contributions

Default The document name you requested (/index.php) could not be found on this server

I'm manually setting up Zencart 1.5.1 on my 3rd party hosted website 1&1.

I have the shop setup pretty much how I want it and figured I would test drive a paid transaction.

I can add items to my basket, I can view my basket, but when I click on "go to checkout" I get this error:

Multiple Choices

The document name you requested (/index.php) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
    Available documents:

/index.html?main_page=checkout_shipping (common basename)
    Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.
    I sell digital products and have the 'Free Shipping!' module enabled. I've also set the product to not require a shipping address as the item is virtual...

Any idea what's causing this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The document name you requested (/index.php) could not be found on this server

what happens if you rename index.html to mybackup.bak or something?
    I think your server is loading index.html rather than index.php (you do have index.php in your root folder yes?).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The document name you requested (/index.php) could not be found on this server

That's the thing, I have my website in my root directory and my zencart in a subfolder called "shop". It shouldn't even be looking beyond there. There's only one index file in the "shop" folder and it's .php ... :

EDIT: My website as it stands now is pretty much redundant and I have looked at getting rid of it completely recently, do you think it might be worth doing a fresh zen install in my root directory and just using zen for my main website and linking to my blog from there instead of the other way around? o.0
    Last edited by Heather Ghillyer; 24 Jul 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Ghillyer View Post

EDIT: My website as it stands now is pretty much redundant and I have looked at getting rid of it completely recently, do you think it might be worth doing a fresh zen install in my root directory and just using zen for my main website and linking to my blog from there instead of the other way around? o.0
    That's what I would do. I think Zencart belongs in the root in every case.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, cheers Stevesh. Just gotta remember how to setup my paypal shizz now, lmao! ^_^ I dunno why I even bothered having a website as my main gateway in the first place... I'm terrible for remembering to post updates and it just makes it look like I'm not actually producing anything when I am, lmao!

Better go and make backups of the HTML for my info pages (really don't want to have to try and make a Terms of Use page again from scratch... >.<)

Plugin Contributions

do you think it might be worth doing a fresh zen install in my root directory and just using zen for my main website and linking to my blog from there instead of the other way around? o.0
    Without a doubt.

Plugin Contributions

I'm currently in the process of arguing with 1&1 over how sh*t their hosting service is since it won't allow me to install ZenCart in the root directory...

They have a default folder in every root called "logs". this folder cannot be altered, moved renamed or deleted. As a result, ZenCart won't install on my root because it can't merge its own "logs" folder with the one already present on my root.

THEY claim that ZenCart should work perfectly on a sub-directory, but no matter what I did before, I could not get it to process a transaction without throwing up the aforementioned error...

I've now completely erased all files and folders (apart from "logs") in my root so there is no chance it could conflict with any other files.

Is there a way I could install ZenCart on my root and rename the "logs" folder to something like "zenlogs" and edit any subsequent links to it in the php files or would that mess up the whole thing?

Sorry if that's a really dumb thing to ask, but I'm at my wits end here... I dunno how to get this damned thing to work with 1&1's stupid restrictions...

Plugin Contributions

... Is there a way I could install ZenCart on my root and rename the "logs" folder to something like "zenlogs" and edit any subsequent links to it in the php files or would that mess up the whole thing? ...
    Yes. You can change both the "logs" and "cache" folder locations. I typically make this change to move the folders outside the document root (public_html).

Create the new folder(s). Use SFTP/FTPS/FTP to copy over the .htaccess, index.html, and index.php files (to block web access). Make sure the web server has write access to the new folder(s). Open up your two configure.php files and change the lines for DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE and / or DIR_FS_LOGS.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

I'm currently in the process of arguing with 1&1 over how sh*t their hosting service is since it won't allow me to install ZenCart in the root directory....
    The reason for this is that you and they have a different idea of what the 'root' directory actually is.

They have a default folder in every root called "logs". this folder cannot be altered, moved renamed or deleted. As a result, ZenCart won't install on my root because it can't merge its own "logs" folder with the one already present on my root.
    The 'root' folder of a server is /
    The 'root' folder of your hosting service will generally be something like /home/username/
    The 'root' folder of your web service will generally be something like /home/username/domainname/
    The 'root' folder of a website is generally be something like /home/username/domainname/public_html/

THEY claim that ZenCart should work perfectly on a sub-directory.
    They be telling the truth.

I've now completely erased all files and folders (apart from "logs") in my root so there is no chance it could conflict with any other files..
    Eeek. This can be a 'dangerous' thing to do. It is easily possible to lose all access to your site/server if any of the hidden files are removed. The severity depends on which 'root' folder you are referring to.

Sorry if that's a really dumb thing to ask, but I'm at my wits end here... I dunno how to get this damned thing to work with 1&1's stupid restrictions...
    In this case I don't think it is 1&1's restrictions that are causing the problem. It is probably just a matter of confusion over the meaning to the 'root' folder. 1&1 are probably assuming you are asking about the 'root' folder of the server or the 'root' folder of your hosting service, and I'm figuring you are referring to either the 'root' folder of your web service or the 'root' folder of your website. I'm unable to determine which. This info won't solve your problem, but hopefully it explains why the 'argument with 1&1' exists. You are both right, but 'arguing' over different things.

Cheers
    Rod