Plugin Contributions

Default Freeshipper and Zones

For most of the items in my store, I use zones to determine the shipping rate. I would like to setup free shipping on some items only to domestic customers. International customers I would like to charge a reduced shipping charge (not zone rate).

Currently, I have enabled "Yes, Always Free Shipping" on my items, then in freeshipper I set a United States shipping zone. That works fine for only USA customers getting free shipping, but what about my international customers?

I installed a copy of freeshipper, named freeshipper2, and set the zone to "Rest of the World" and a non-zero free shipping charge. However, when I do a test checkout to an international address, no shipping options are available.

How can I set this up?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Freeshipper and Zones

In your products remove free shipping. Then adjust your shipping mods

are you looking to offer like a USPS rate then? if so just enable it for international
    or enable for everywhere and then if your buyers want to upgrade to lets say priority, they can for an additional charge

also it's helpful to know that shipping module sort orders should only be zero if you only have one, and should be different for each module.

Plugin Contributions

If I disable freeshipper, how can I offer free shipping on some items, but not others? I already have shipping setup as I want for most items in my store. I now want to setup free shipping on certain items when sold to a USA customer, then offer a reduced shipping rate for international customers.

I did take your advice and add sort order for my freeshipper and duplicate freeshipper2. The international zoned freeshipper2 remains unavailable for customers with an international address.

edit:
    I suspect that the item page option "Yes, Always Free Shipping" is linked to freeshipper in such a way that I cannot duplicate it as I would like. To enable different free shipping costs to different zones.
    Last edited by thatdecade; 24 Jul 2013 at 10:15 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I figured it out. The shipping module freeshipper is bunk, do not use. Disable and set on fire. ;)
    More info here (older thread): http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-other-modules

Use instead freeoptions, set items to "No, Normal Shipping Rules", and set freeoptions to be based on weight, price, or shopping cart parameters. Less fun than a simple "Yes, Always Free Shipping" option per item, but it works.

To create two different free shipping prices to different zones, I copied the following two files. Within the files I replaced the text "freeoptions" with "freeoptions2", then renamed the file to freeoptions2.php. Giving me a duplicate shipping module.
    - /public/store/includes/modules/shipping/freeoptions.php
    - /public/store/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/freeoptions.php

Lastly, I set each freeoptions module with it's own sort order and zone. The free shipping parameters I left the same on each module, orders under $25 ship free in USA and reduced price international.