Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need help with this stylesheet adjustment

I've found the spot on stylesheet.css to adjust for a normal price when I'm running a special, and for the sale price. Now I'd like to adjust the word Save and the price that follows. I want to make them both smaller - the size of the normal price, and the same color. I just don't see it in the same area:

/*bof center boxes*/
    .product_title {font-size:110%}
    .product_title a{color:#444443;}
    .product_title a:hover{color:#ED3A84;}
    .product_detail {margin-top:10px;}
    .price {font-size:110%;font-weight:bold;color:#444443;}
    .normalprice {font-size:75%;} I changed the font size here for the normal price
    .productSpecialPrice {font-size:110%;font-weight:bold;color:#ed3a84;}I changed the font size and color here for the special price
    .centerBoxWrapperContents{background:#fff;font-weight:bold;font-size: 1em;}

http://designerperfumesnob.authsafe....html?cPath=656

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with this stylesheet adjustment

.productPriceDiscount {
    font-size: .7em;
    color: #FF0000;
    }

I'll suggest again that you install the Firebug plugin for Firefox. It makes finding stuff like this a lot easier than posting a question.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    .productPriceDiscount {
    font-size: .7em;
    color: #FF0000;
    }

I'll suggest again that you install the Firebug plugin for Firefox. It makes finding stuff like this a lot easier than posting a question.
    Sorry, I do have Firebug, I just couldn't pinpoint this.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have another adjustment and I am trying to use Firebug and I guess I just don't get it.

I am trying to make the font smaller on the text below the credit card info in the footer. The text reads:

DesignerPerfumeSnob.com is committed to bringing you 100% authentic brand name fragrances.

The only thing I get from looking at Firebug for this line, is line 1 in stylesheet.css.

I know that can't be the answer.

http://designerperfumesnob.authsafe.com/

Plugin Contributions

The way I use Firebug most often is to CTRL-SHIFT-C to see what class or id whatever I'm hovering over belongs to.

In this case, you haven't given that text it's own class or id name, so you can't style it individually. I'd go back into whatever file you added it to and wrap it in a <div class="mytext">Your text</div> then style .mytext in the stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

The way I use Firebug most often is to CTRL-SHIFT-C to see what class or id whatever I'm hovering over belongs to.

In this case, you haven't given that text it's own class or id name, so you can't style it individually. I'd go back into whatever file you added it to and wrap it in a <div class="mytext">Your text</div> then style .mytext in the stylesheet.
    Thank you. I will try that next time I need to make an adjustment and hope I can figure it out!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh

OK, I did that and the only problem I had was that it was flush left and I didn't know how to create a margin. Meanwhile, my host was working on something for me where everything on my site had become centered after they had made an adjustment in the My Order History page. I dashed them off an email and asked them if they would please create a margin for this or advise me how to do same.

No problem. They fixed the centering problem on my site and created a margin for me for this footer text. Unfortunately, there was too much white space under the payment icons and the beginning of the text I had created, so I went into the includes/templates/overrides/common/tpl_footer.php and deleted one of the <br /> because I had used two of them. I didn't think it would be a big deal.

Wrong. Once I did that, it centered everything again. My host fixed the centering problem again and recreated the margin without advising me on how they did it, but now there was no double space between the two groups of sentences in the footer statement I had created. I had used a double <br /> but somehow it was just ignored.

Anyway, I tried deleting it and redoing it, but then everything not only got centered again, but the font got larger and I have it set at :

.mytext a {
    font-size: 75%;

}

I have no idea how removing, adding, deleting or so on a <br /> could affect the size of the font, or center text in the left sidebox and throughout the site, or why even when I return the <br /> to how I originally had it, the font size and alignment does not return.

So now everything is centered, the text in the footer is the wrong size and centered, and I can't get the proper spacing between the two groups of sentences.

What happened?

http://designerperfumesnob.authsafe....age=2&sort=20a

Plugin Contributions

Curiouser and curiouser. I changed around the last line of text and it changed the font size back to the correct size. The text is still centered everywhere. Again, I have no idea why changing a few words would affect the font size.

Plugin Contributions

I've pretty much lost track of what you're trying to do, but what happens if you add this to the stylesheet?

#indexProductListCatDescription {text-align: left;}

Plugin Contributions

I've pretty much lost track of what you're trying to do, but what happens if you add this to the stylesheet?

#indexProductListCatDescription {text-align: left;}
    Let me just ask this, is there a site wide text align? I'm getting a little better with Firefox, but it seems I have to do each page individually and I know that can't be right.

I am simply making a small change in footer text and it centers all the text site wide. I can't image why this is so. My host has realigned left the site for me twice, but now they are closed for the weekend and I was hoping to get this before Monday.

http://designerperfumesnob.authsafe....lc-c-1353.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast