Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to make new products show first on categories and sub categories...HELP!

On my site: http://www.allclipart.info, I want all of my products in the categories and sub categories to show new products first. So for example, if
    you look at my EXCLUSIVE category (http://allclipart.info/shop/index.ph...ndex&cPath=195) it shows everything in alphabetical order. I want it to show the most recently added products first.

My "New Products, All Products, Featured Products" show in the proper order, but I can't seem to get the other categories & sub categories to show new
    products first. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to make new products show first on categories and sub categories...HELP!

You can customize the file:
    /includes/index_filters/default_filter.php

and add the code in RED:
    Code:
    // sort by products_sort_order when PRODUCT_LISTING_DEFAULT_SORT_ORDER is left blank
    // for reverse, descending order use:
    //       $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_sort_order desc, pd.products_name";
    //          $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name";
              $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_date_added DESC, p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name";
              break;
    Then set the Sort Order in the Configuration ... Product Listing ... to blank for:
    Display Product Listing Default Sort Order
    Product Listing Default sort order?
    NOTE: Leave Blank for Product Sort Order. Sort the Product Listing in the order you wish for the default display to start in to get the sort order setting. Example: 2a
    And now your Categories Product Listings will default to be based on the Date Added, Sort Order, Product Name ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to make new products show first on categories and sub categories...HELP!

BEAUTIFUL!!! Worked like a dream. Thanks so much! :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this was able to work for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda...I recently installed some modules to my site and it messed up my sort order. Anyway, I went back and did what you say in the post above and I get this message:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by p.products_date_added DESC, p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name' at line 7
    in:

When I visit the front end of my store. Any idea why i might be getting that? Thanks.

BTW: When I remove the code in red it goes away.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amandavz View Post
    Hi Linda...I recently installed some modules to my site and it messed up my sort order. Anyway, I went back and did what you say in the post above and I get this message:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by p.products_date_added DESC, p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name' at line 7
    in:

When I visit the front end of my store. Any idea why i might be getting that? Thanks.

BTW: When I remove the code in red it goes away.
    Please post the block of code as modified by you (file includes/index_filters/default_filter.php)

Plugin Contributions

and add the code in RED:

// sort by products_sort_order when PRODUCT_LISTING_DEFAULT_SORT_ORDER is left blank
    // $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_sort_order desc, pd.products_name";
    // $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name";
    $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_date_added DESC, p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name";
    break;

Plugin Contributions

What else does the error message say after this

in:
    in: what???

Plugin Contributions

Sorry...here is the whole error message:

in:
    [select m.manufacturers_name, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status =1, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status from zen_products_description pd, zen_products p left join zen_manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, zen_products_to_categories p2c left join zen_specials s on p2c.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = 1 and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '5' and p2c.categories_id = '195' order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name order by p.products_date_added DESC, p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name]

Does it help to know that i just installed CEON Uri? It may have something to do with the products now being named link instead of code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amandavz View Post
    order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name order by p.products_date_added DESC, p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name]
    It appears you didn't comment out the original "order by" details as you have it in twice.

So your post 7 code probably looks like this
    Code:
    // $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_sort_order desc, pd.products_name";
    $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name";
       break;
    Last edited by gilby; 29 Jul 2013 at 01:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast