Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Error 10542-This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid email address

Hi!
    I've got today error on checkout with credit card. "Error 10542-This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid email address" Later same AmEx card accepted on PayPal Terminal with no problem.
    At the same time customer with VISA card checked out with no problem.
    I did try to use different email address for this customer/CC - same error message.

I did not add/modify any modules on checkout process reCaptcha only on acount create page.
    Please help to find where is the error from.
    Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error 10542-This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid email addr

I've got it again .
    No changes in ZC after previous errors. Week of transactions with no problem.
    Is it something on PayPal site?

Aug-30-2013 19:48:58 (1377910138)
    before_process - DP-5
    resultset:
    Array
    (
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2013-08-31T00:48:58Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => e0e43fbfe6d51
    [ACK] => Failure
    [VERSION] => 61.0
    [BUILD] => 7507921
    [L_ERRORCODE0] => 10542
    [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Invalid Email Address.
    [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid email address.
    [L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error
    [AMT] => 45.63
    [CURRENCYCODE] => USD
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

(
    [0] => Array
    (
    [class] => checkout_payment
    [text] => 10542 <!-- --> Invalid Email Address. - This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid email address.
    [type] => error
    )

)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error 10542-This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid email addr

Report the matter to paypal: www.paypal.com/mts
    Quote the logs you've got -- they'll need their transaction numbers and the dates in order to query their systems to understand exactly why it was rejecting the data.

Of course, if you're submitting an invalid email address then naturally they'll tell you that's why. But if you're 1000% certain the email addresses you're submitting are valid, they'll have to explain why they're rejecting them.

It would help if you also actually supplied the logs containing the data submitted to paypal, since they show which email addresses were submitted.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

immoderately after last Error processed my personal card. Card accepted with no problem

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hiker View Post
    immoderately after last Error processed my personal card. Card accepted with no problem
    Not sure I fully understand what you meant to say. But if you're saying it's working properly now, I'm happy for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte for responds.
    Actually it is not a permanent error it is happened ones in a week for Credit_Card _paypal_pro transaction not PayPal_Express .
    Email is correct customer received the account creation email notification. I'll contact PayPal.