Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Wamp Admin login

I've tried xaamp and now wamp, and failed miserably to get into the admin area once you can visit the store front.
    Its probably a config mess. I've enabled curl and edited the config stuff, disabled read only on the necessary files an deleted my install folder.
    I've tried uploading the config.php to the zencart database in phpmyadmin it actually doesn't like it under the import tab. Maybe I'm addressing things the wrong way.
    Does the name of the admin change need to match the name of the folder on you pc, eg C:/xamp/zen/admin or do you just have to have them correct in the config file.
    Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package Configuration Settings circa 1.5.1
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2012 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * File Built by zc_install on 2013-09-01 07:32:48
     */

/*************** NOTE: This file is similar, but DIFFERENT from the "store" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /***************       The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other.      ***********/

/**
     * WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE SSL PROTECTION FOR YOUR ENTIRE ADMIN:
     * To do that, make sure you use a "https:" URL for BOTH the HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER entries:
     */
      define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
      define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://localhost');
      define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
      define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://localhost');

// secure webserver for admin?  Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).
      define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'false');

// secure webserver for storefront?  Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).
      define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
      // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
      $t1 = parse_url(HTTP_SERVER);$p1 = $t1['path'];$t2 = parse_url(HTTPS_SERVER);$p2 = $t2['path'];

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admina/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/zen/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/admina/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/zen/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
      define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_TEMPLATE', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
      define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
      define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
      define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
      define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
      define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
      define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
      define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'D:/wamp/www/zen/admina/';
      //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'D:/wamp/www/zen/');

//the following path is a COMPLETE path to the /logs/ folder  eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/logs ... and no trailing slash
      define('DIR_FS_LOGS', 'D:/wamp/www/zen/logs');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
      define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
      define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');
      define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

// define our database connection
      define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
      define('DB_PREFIX', 'xxx');
      define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
      define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
      define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxx');
      define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxx');
      define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxx');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
      // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from:  none, database, or file
      // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache 
      // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
      // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache   -- leave no trailing slash  
      define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none'); 
      define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', 'D:/wamp/www/zen/cache');

// Define the webserver and path parameters
      // Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com - 
      // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
      /* 
       * URLs for your site will be built via:  
       *     HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_ADMIN or
       *     HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN or 
       *     HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_CATALOG or 
       *     HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG
       * ...depending on your system configuration settings
       */
    // EOF

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wamp Admin login

Quote Originally Posted by LEJay View Post
    I've tried uploading the config.php to the zencart database in phpmyadmin it actually doesn't like it under the import tab.
    Not surprising. phpMyAdmin is looking for .sql files, not configure.php files.

Does the name of the admin change need to match the name of the folder on you pc, eg C:/xamp/zen/admin or do you just have to have them correct in the config file.
    Not sure exactly what you mean. In v1.5.1 the admin folder doesn't need to be typed into the configure.php file. It is autodetected from the URL you type into your browser. So if you visit localhost/admina it knows to look in the admina/includes/configure.php to find the rest of its settiings such as database credentials.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. Well, I thought that the pathways may not be correct.
    Anyway presently all I'm am getting is a white screen. Not even a 404 or 500.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Look in the /logs/ folder for details of errors that may be occurring. See: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Code:
      define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admina/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/admina/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'D:/wamp/www/zen/admina/';
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'D:/wamp/www/zen/');
    On a stock Zen Cart 1.5.1 install, typically DIR_FS_ADMIN is not explicitly set to a folder in the admin configure.php. It appears yours has been manually changed.

Your configure.php tells Zen Cart the admin folder is web accessible from "/admina/" and your physical location is "/zen/admina/"... If this is intentional, did you configure Apache to alias "/admina/" to "D:/wamp/www/zen/admina/"?

Otherwise if you want to access the Zen Cart admin as "/zen/admina/", then you should change DIR_WS_ADMIN and DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN to match.

Thanks. Well, I thought that the pathways may not be correct.
    Anyway presently all I'm am getting is a white screen. Not even a 404 or 500.
    Most likely the case... In most WAMP stacks the Apache error log will contain any PHP or Apache errors. In WampServer the server logs are usually located in "/wamp/logs/".
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

This seems ok, (as far as I would know (which I wouldn't)
    Code:
    [Mon Sep 02 22:04:39.519663 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 9796:tid 476] AH00422: Parent: Received shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server.
    [Mon Sep 02 22:04:41.520322 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 5740:tid 380] AH00364: Child: All worker threads have exited.
    [Mon Sep 02 22:04:41.548331 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 9796:tid 476] AH00430: Parent: Child process 5740 exited successfully.
    [Mon Sep 02 22:04:41.822421 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 7080:tid 476] AH00455: Apache/2.4.4 (Win64) PHP/5.4.12 configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Mon Sep 02 22:04:41.822421 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 7080:tid 476] AH00456: Server built: Feb 22 2013 22:08:37
    [Mon Sep 02 22:04:41.822421 2013] [core:notice] [pid 7080:tid 476] AH00094: Command line: 'D:\\wamp\\bin\\apache\\apache2.4.4\\bin\\httpd.exe -d D:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.4.4'
    [Mon Sep 02 22:04:41.824422 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 7080:tid 476] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 9624
    [Mon Sep 02 22:04:42.088509 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 9624:tid 364] AH00354: Child: Starting 150 worker threads.
    I haven't actually got a myDEBUG error

Code:
      define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/zen/admina/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/zen/admina/');
    This still causes an error. Actually, I'm thinking... I edited it in wingide, so you get a load of code in those wsadmin settings and I altered it to how it looks now. But is that only for notepad, impossible to read settings... Or is it correct to remove $ signs etc.

Are there any mods needed for wamp in 64bit.
    Hmm stuck really.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There was no need to edit the configure.php files manually. ZC will build them correctly simply by running zc_install as per the instructions.

Perhaps you should start there?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    There was no need to edit the configure.php files manually. ZC will build them correctly simply by running zc_install as per the instructions.

Perhaps you should start there?
    +1 You may also want to move the existing configure.php files to a backup location (outside the web server document root). This will ensure Zen Cart generates new ones during the installation.

There should be in the Apache access log a line containing "/zen/admina". If there is not, the request never made it to the web server...

Note: Is your WAMP stack configured for SSL (HTTPS)? If your server is not, make sure during the installation of Zen Cart you do NOT select "enable SSL (HTTPS)". I cannot speak for XAMPP, but WampServer typically requires generation and installation of certificates + enabling mod_ssl or mod_gnutls.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I got there.
    Firstly, by, deleting the zencart database in phpMyAdmin.
    Creating a new database.
    Installing zencart (I tried 150, but it wasn't that.
    ---- I didn't edit the table value of admin in phpMyAdmin to Admin A, I just changed the folder name in the windows wamp zen directory.
    Then tried to login and it worked.
    (I did also make the entire zen folder before installation writable as well.) Now I'll have to adjust it accordingly.

Thanks for the help, it kept me thinking about the steps that I had misread.

Now I can start having problems with the rest of I guess. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the patience.

Plugin Contributions

When installing plugins do the sql patches work with zencart when using wamp?
    So for the example the Flexible centre boxes module, I have managed to achieve accessibility to its configuration under the configuration tab in the admin panel, but it doesn't show up on the mainpage. I still have the original 3 new,specials and featured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast