Plugin Contributions

Default Are my server specs good enough for v1.5.0?

1.5.0 requires the following:

• PHP 5.2.14 or higher 5.2.x version
    • MySQL 4.1.3 or higher
    • Apache 2.0 or higher.
    • Apache configured with AllowOverride set to either 'All' or at least both 'Limit' and 'Indexes' parameters, and preferably the 'Options' parameter as well.
    • PHP configured to support CURL with OpenSSL

Far as I can tell my old site at Go Daddy has:
    PHP 5.2.17
    MySQL 4.0
    Apache: I have no idea about any of these settings
    PHP: No idea if it is configured to support CURL with Open SSL

Go Daddy does offer to install ZC 1.5.1 so I assume that means the requirements are available. Perhaps my setup does not have it??

So how critical is it for MySQL 4.1.3 or higher to run version 1.5.0? Can I install with what I have? I have put this off upgrading for years but am now working to do it.

Also, should I upgrade to 1.5.1 or 1.5.0???
    Thank you,
    Cheryl
    Last edited by rush_woman; 9 Sep 2013 at 04:30 AM.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Are my server specs good enough for v1.5.0?

I guess I will do a demo with v. 1.5.0 on my current site and see if it works. If it doesn't work on that, well, I guess I will make a decision then as to how to proceed.

Thank you,
    Cheryl
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

DO NOT use any of the autoinstalls from any host. They will just be a headache later on. Download the files and go through the proper process.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the response. If I ever get to upgrading, I will definitely not use any auto stuff.

As I understand it, it appears my current website hosting stats do not satisfy the v 1.5.1 requirements. Thus, I have to wonder if upgrading is even available to me at this time. Or, if I should upgrade but to a different version.

The pdf manual included with 1.5.1 has just finished printing. I did read it though I am now a bit confused as to whether I am supposed to upload the php files and then separately do a db upgrade, or what. I will be re-reading everything for clarification.

Thank you,
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you upload the PHP files (making sure your customizations are safe from being overwritten), run the zc_install, and select "database upgrade". Be sure you don't select "install" as that will erase every trace of your current records. Upgrading is a somewhat different process from installing as the installation manual describes; you need to read and follow the tutorials on this support site for upgrading.
    If you are merely making a test installation that is not trying to copy your existing store for now, then use the installation manual and "install" not "upgrade".

Plugin Contributions

After speaking with my host provider to upgrade the PHP, MySQL, etc., it has been determined that the best approach for me, in this situation, is to be obtain a *new* hosting package with the correct versions of PHP, etc., running. This is because upgrading to the proper PHP, etc. on my current site may change the way the scripts on 1.3.7 are working and hence, interfere with my live site.

so, I have new questions:

1. SCRATCH THIS [I assume starting a new hosting package will then entail doing a NEW INSTALL of ZC instead of an upgrade.]

1. I assume I would take a copy of my current site and FTP it to the new hosting package. Then I would do the UPGRADE on that package.

2. I would also need to upload a copy of my DB to the new hosting place as well.

Yes?

Thank you,
    Last edited by rush_woman; 9 Sep 2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions