Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Error 1044 when importing DATABASE

I'm in the process of moving my Zencart from one host to another. I have installed the same version zencart on the new host and am trying to import my database but am getting the following error...

Error

SQL query:

--
    -- Database: `toysahoy_toysahoy`
    --
    CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `toysahoy_toysahoy` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1044 - Access denied for user 'toy18870'@'localhost' to database 'toysahoy_toysahoy'

Any idea how to overcome this or what I have done wrong? I followed all the steps in...

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?144

Regards,
    Kiz

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error 1044 when importing DATABASE

Most hosts won't allow you to do a CREATE DATABASE statement from phpMyAdmin.
    That's why the FAQ article tells you to click on the database you're doing a backup of, to select it, before doing the export, so that the create-database statement is not generated in the backup file. That's also why the __DB__ template is advised.

So, you'll need to use a (safe) text editor to remove that statement from your .sql file before attempting to restore it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've followed the instructions exactly as they were written in the instructions including selecting the database prior to exporting. As my old database is still on my old host, I have tried exporting again over and over and still experiencing the same issues.

Is it anything to do with my new database name being different to my old one? Old database was toysahoy_toysahoy and I'm trying to import onto new database on new host called toys18870_toystore.

The last host I attempted to upload the database onto worked fine but had to change host again due to not enough disk space on previous.

Both new and old server using phpMyadmin 4.0.5

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if this helps but I had a similar issue, although not the exact same error messages, when moving to a new host, yesterday.

I found that exporting from within phpmyadmin and then importing to the new host, again within phpmyadmin, did not work (can't remember the errors I received).

I managed to successfully complete the transfer by exporting the database using cPanel database backup facility and then importing that into the new phpmyadmin. Seemed to work fine.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Not sure if this helps but I had a similar issue, although not the exact same error messages, when moving to a new host, yesterday.

I found that exporting from within phpmyadmin and then importing to the new host, again within phpmyadmin, did not work (can't remember the errors I received).

I managed to successfully complete the transfer by exporting the database using cPanel database backup facility and then importing that into the new phpmyadmin. Seemed to work fine.
    Thanks Simon. I've tried this and it has solved the problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it working.

As I said in my previous post, you could also have simply edited the exported .sql file to remove that problematic statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    So, you'll need to use a (safe) text editor to remove that statement from your .sql file before attempting to restore it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hey DrByte Mate happily to read your answers... Same issue was with me.

Plugin Contributions

"DrByte, As I said in my previous post, you could also have simply edited the exported .sql file to remove that problematic statement."

DrByte,
    How do I remove it? In notepad I tried to, imported, queries were successful and YET failed several times as the fresh install was not populated with anything. It looks like this IN the database (without any line break. After copying to Word doc, it has the following line break.):

/*!40101 SET
    --
    -- Database: `blabla_zenc558`
    --
    CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `blabla_zenc558` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;
    USE `blabla_zenc558`; NAMES utf8 */;

Should I delete "CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `blabla_zenc558` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;"
    or everything between /*!40101 SET....................................*/;

some syntax messed up?
    Thank you

Plugin Contributions

To describe the "results" of the import please use more specific language. Failed? How? Error messages or just that there is no change seen on the store side, or is that from looking in phpmyadmin? Importing database data, is there already tables with the same complete table name present? What is the process used to import? Does the old store and new store have the same DB_PREFIX in the includes/configure.php files?

As for editing the file, should definitely use a text only editor (not word pad as it adds characters as well as messes with line endings).

As far as the text to remove for that particular "statement" would be everything between /* 40101 through the first occurrence of */ including each of those "symbols". As that complete statement, well, is a complete statement that if not to be processed, should not be there...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you mc12345678 for replying.
    Sorry for messed up writing. A week ago I backed up the database of an existing 1.5.4 store, erased zc, installed it back with automatic install, and restored the former db onto the new installed store through phpmyadmin. All done on the same server. So there's no old website, as this process was done repeatedly without problems, like 5 months ago I did the same and had no problem if I remember well. Then this time got the following error. The error shown by phpmyadmin is:

SQL query:

--
    -- Database: `sainaasaguud_zenc558`
    --
    CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `sainaasaguud_zenc558` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1044 - Access denied for user 'sainaasaguud'@'localhost' to database 'sainaasaguud_zenc558'

That's it for this install.

Then onto another exactly the same fresh test install in different directory www.mongolianshop.com/testdb, I restored the same backedup db from which the following was deleted, by Notepad:

/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
    --
    -- Database: `sainaasaguud_zenc558`
    --
    CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `sainaasaguud_zenc558` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;
    USE `sainaasaguud_zenc558`;

Then my phpmyadmin screen showed this: Import has been successfully finished, 684 queries executed. (sainaasaguud_zenc561.sql)
    No error message.
    Looking at the db tables, the customers and products are populated.
    On the outside, the website http://mongolianshop.com/testdb/ does not show products.

Its includes/configure shows this:
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zenkg_');
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'sainaasaguud_zenc564');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'sainaasaguud_zenc564');

Prefix wise what is before underline is the same for the backedup db and the newly automatically created db for both installs.

-sainaasaguud_zenc564 is an automatically created db together with the new install.
    -sainaasaguud_zenc561.sql is the backed up db.

Or zenkg_ is in conflict with sainaasaguud_ ?

What did I mess up?
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast