Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Carlisle Fresh Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flax View Post
    Hello Anne,

I'm really happy with your template which is great!!!

I have a problem though... it does not seem possible to use the megamenu with tablets so I'd like to switch to the mobiles menu when the width of the screen is appx.8.54 inches wide (the purpose is that when using a 10 inches tablet vertically the menu switches to the mobiles one)

So my question is... how can we modify the screen width at which the menu is switched from megamenu to mobile?

Thanks a lot for your help :-)
    This template was built using the old version of the DIY responsive default template and relies entirely on media queries. The new DIY template default code is much better and uses a php mobile detect script to detect the user agent and serve up the correct layout. You can either: wait to use this until I have updated the package to use the new code (no there is no eta on this), update the package yourself, use the template as is, or use another responsive template package that is using the php mobile detect script. I will tell you that updating the package is not a minor thing ;)

You could also replace the mega menu and use something like the slimmenu that is touch friendly on tablets and which changes to the mobile menu based on the screen width of 768 pixels or less.

Thanks,

Anne
    Last edited by picaflor-azul; 13 Jun 2014 at 03:48 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This template was built using the old version of the DIY responsive default template and relies entirely on media queries. The new DIY template default code is much better and uses a php mobile detect script to detect the user agent and serve up the correct layout. You can either: wait to use this until I have updated the package to use the new code (no there is no eta on this), update the package yourself, use the template as is, or use another responsive template package that is using the php mobile detect script. I will tell you that updating the package is not a minor thing ;)

You could also replace the mega menu and use something like the slimmenu that is touch friendly on tablets and which changes to the mobile menu based on the screen width of 768 pixels or less.

Thanks,

Anne
    Thanks Anne for your detailed answer... it would be great to wait for the updated package but I need a solution 'cause the site is online already, how can I replace the megamenu with the slimmenu that you mentioned?

Plugin Contributions

Hi!
    First of all, let me say this is, as far as I know, the most beautiful, elegant and versatile Template for Zen Cart. A real masterpiece!

I have a question. I plan on use this template for my website and I am currently testing it offline, on my pc, changing some things and adding some plugins, but i couldn't do 1 thing in particular. In the main page, under the featured product, there's a slide that show 4 items. I know how to show 5 or even 6 items because I located the script code allowing that, but I need to have more than 1 slider, so i located the code and copied so it recalled the slider twice. But here's the problem: the first slider works well, the second it doesn't work. Well, it shows up in the main page but when i click on the prev or the next arrow, it seems like i've clicked on the "top" button.

Do you have any ideas what could this be? Thanks

P.S. Zen Cart version is 1.5.1 and I haven't modified any script files, all the changes I made in this template as far, were only visual.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Serge View Post
    Hi!
    First of all, let me say this is, as far as I know, the most beautiful, elegant and versatile Template for Zen Cart. A real masterpiece!

I have a question. I plan on use this template for my website and I am currently testing it offline, on my pc, changing some things and adding some plugins, but i couldn't do 1 thing in particular. In the main page, under the featured product, there's a slide that show 4 items. I know how to show 5 or even 6 items because I located the script code allowing that, but I need to have more than 1 slider, so i located the code and copied so it recalled the slider twice. But here's the problem: the first slider works well, the second it doesn't work. Well, it shows up in the main page but when i click on the prev or the next arrow, it seems like i've clicked on the "top" button.

Do you have any ideas what could this be? Thanks

P.S. Zen Cart version is 1.5.1 and I haven't modified any script files, all the changes I made in this template as far, were only visual.
    I am not a jquery expert so my help is limited. I would recommend visiting the carousel's home page for more information on how to implement more than one carousel on the same page:

caroufredsel.frebsite.nl

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,
    I am using your template on 1.5.3. I want to change the background colour and the font as you suggest. However, I don't want to mess up what is a clean install. Can you please advise what line numbers I need to look at to change the background and font colours. Many thanks - Aaron

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vesuvians View Post
    Hi Anne,
    I am using your template on 1.5.3. I want to change the background colour and the font as you suggest. However, I don't want to mess up what is a clean install. Can you please advise what line numbers I need to look at to change the background and font colours. Many thanks - Aaron
    Further to the above post - I appreciate that Anne might be busy or on holiday - so can anyone using the Carlisle Fresh Template help me with my query above?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,
    I would recommend using firefox or chrome and installing the web developer tools. They will tell you the exact line of which file you need to make your edits.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Anne,

It's really been an eye opener - especially as it doesn't affect the working web site. I've now identified nearly every section that I need. However - and there always seems to be a 'however' I haven't been able to find the css that changes the text type, size or colour in the categories column - is this located elsewhere? Your advice would be appreciated - Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Anne,

It's really been an eye opener - especially as it doesn't affect the working web site. I've now identified nearly every section that I need. However - and there always seems to be a 'however' I haven't been able to find the css that changes the text type, size or colour in the categories column - is this located elsewhere? Your advice would be appreciated - Thank you
    If you post a link to the page that you are trying to change I can take a look. If you are going to be making css changes to your site I would recommend using firefox or chrome and installing the web developer tools. They will help you locate the exact line of the file that needs to be edited.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    If you post a link to the page that you are trying to change I can take a look. If you are going to be making css changes to your site I would recommend using firefox or chrome and installing the web developer tools. They will help you locate the exact line of the file that needs to be edited.

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne, Thank you for your response. The web site I am building is available via the following URL: http://www.matchboxlabels.co.uk

That brings up the Home Page. The text and line spacers that I am trying to change are on the following page: http://www.matchboxlabels.co.uk/inde...index&cPath=60 I need to be able to change the colours of the countries so that they stand out when level 2 and level 3 categories are displayed in the left hand Categories Tree. Using the Web Developer tools, I've found all the different changes I need to make, excepting those in the categories tree and those under the flag images on the right hand side - can you help? Aaron

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast