Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can i remove unwanted fields from New Costumer Registration Form?

So you want no one outside of Italy to be able to buy a gift and send it to Italy?

Default Re: How can i remove unwanted fields from New Costumer Registration Form?

Hi,

You can go to:
    Admin >> Configuration >> Customer Details
    and remove the unwanted fields.

Plugin Contributions

You can adjust certain fields, like "State" for countries that don't have states, but all you can do for country is set the default:

Create Account Default Country ID

Setting this to Italy will mean your customers don't have to do anything with the field unless they live elsewhere. Note that this is not setting the "Ship to" country, but the buyer's location.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by responsivezc View Post
    Hi,

You can go to:
    Admin >> Configuration >> Customer Details
    and remove the unwanted fields.

In the administration under "customer details" there was already gone and I actually saw an opportunity to remove some fields but inside does not give you the option to remove the country field from the registration form but only set a country as a default.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You can adjust certain fields, like "State" for countries that don't have states, but all you can do for country is set the default:

Create Account Default Country ID

Setting this to Italy will mean your customers don't have to do anything with the field unless they live elsewhere. Note that this is not setting the "Ship to" country, but the buyer's location.
    I know that if we leave Italy as a country of the customer default in theory it should not do anything if you do not change the suburb. But there is always the possibility, as you pointed out you in a previous post, that some customers residing outside Italy wants to buy a product for himself and then finding the opportunity in the registration form to select a different country from the one by default we would end up with the problem that we could not please the customer because we do not have the opportunity you are shipping outside Italy. Since you can not remove the country field from the registration form from what you told me, the only possible solution is to manually remove the countries in administration and leave only the one set by default. I got it wrong? It would have been interesting if there was a module or plug-in, such as the one suggested by picandnix that would allow the enabling and disabling of the countries up to the administrator of the site so that later on the registration form from the menu those disabled were hidden and therefore no longer visible to the customer. Thank you again for the help and the availability that you have given me so far, you've been very kind, thank you again.

Plugin Contributions

If your shipping modules are set to only ship to Italy, and you clearly state the fact up front, then the only people who could be disappointed are people who could not be your customers anyway, and did not read. What is the problem with that?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MorganWheadfields View Post
    It would have been interesting if there was a module or plug-in, such as the one suggested by picandnix that would allow the enabling and disabling of the countries up to the administrator of the site so that later on the registration form from the menu those disabled were hidden and therefore no longer visible to the customer .
    That's *exactly* what that module does do
    However as pointed out it stops people outside of Italy from being able to send a product to an address inside of Italy as they cannot get past registration.

Plugin Contributions

The form recommended by you from what I understand just block shipments outside of the country or countries selected as "inactive" if I understand it. In the registration form to the field "Country" the client enters the country where you live and if you live in Greece, for example the registration to the site is carried out regularly, even if I disabled Greece as a country, I have done several times try with other countries that I had disabled. What I find is that foolish in the dropdown menu remain visible even in countries where it is not possible to send, also because it is normal for those who want to buy the products are delivered to where he lives. That's why I believe that to make it clean out the registration form to the customer in the countries where it is not possible to ship should not be visible in the dropdown menu. I still thank you very much for your time and patience that I dedicated.

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTEWhen a country is Inactive, that country cannot be used in any customer address -- neither the billing nor shipping address can reside in that country[/QUOTE]

Taken from the read me.

Plugin Contributions

I solved everything, the plug-in recommended by Picandnix works fine. Before it did not work because I probably missed some step during installation. Thank you very much to all for the help provided and especially for the patience you had with me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast