Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New server PLUS SSL Question

What version of phpmyadmin do you have?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I don't know how to determine that. However, the settings in the Admin matched this faq where it says phpMyAdmin is v3.3 or lower [How can I do a Site Bacup? Or use phpMyAdmin to backup my database? http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...tabase-backup].

Thank you.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

At this point, rather than keep trying to upgrade to the current 1.5.1 and running into roadblocks, perhaps it would be better for me to keep my 1.3.7 site up and running until it dies due to some language upgrade or another. Starting 1.5.1 from scratch without my customer list, products, etc. is an unappealing alternative since after nearly 7 years of activity, that would be a huge loss, and time-consuming to replicate.

I have loved ZC for the years I have used it and even did a ZC site for a friend a few years ago [she has since retired her business and her site]. However, my schedule is, like everyone else's, full. I don't know why the DB continues to give error messages or why it will not transfer to the new site, and frankly, I have no spare time to learn more about databases, MySQL, or PHPAdmin so I can clean it up myself.

My new hosting service is active for another month. If anyone has ideas about how to correct this DB problem, I am willing to implement it and see how it goes, time permitting. In the meantime, perhaps I should look around for something else and/or consider letting the website go.

Thank you.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

How big is your database? I've seen "MySQL server go away" on very large imports or exports.

You use your admin's (I guess it's in v1.3.7, I've never used it) Tools->Server/Version Info (that runs phpinfo() under the covers and will let you know what version of PHP and MySQL your store's running).

Plugin Contributions

ZC Version 1.3.7:

DB size is about 4 mb. The "Banners History" table has close to 60,000 records
    PHP version: 5.2.17
    MySQl version: MySQL 4.0.30-log
    Last edited by rush_woman; 23 Sep 2013 at 08:29 PM.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Hmm, the Zen Cart v1.5.1 minimum requirements state "MySQL 4.1.3 or higher" but I don't know enough about the various releases of MySQL to know if that's the issue. Maybe one of the MySQL gurus will step in ...

Plugin Contributions

Well, your post gives me an idea.

On my new site location (151sacredshowers), install 1.3.7 original files. Upload the original DB into the new location.

Delete the 1.3.7 files using ftp.

Install 1.5.1 and do a database update. Then .... not sure. Do a regular install of 1.5.1???? I will need those 1.5.1 scripts, not the 1.3.7 as the hosting company has stated it is likely some scripts will not work on the upgraded server, et al.

Thoughts?
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rush_woman View Post
    Well, your post gives me an idea.

On my new site location (151sacredshowers), install 1.3.7 original files. Upload the original DB into the new location.

Delete the 1.3.7 files using ftp.

Install 1.5.1 and do a database update. Then .... not sure. Do a regular install of 1.5.1???? I will need those 1.5.1 scripts, not the 1.3.7 as the hosting company has stated it is likely some scripts will not work on the upgraded server, et al.

Thoughts?
    That's NOT a good idea. Try following the instructions at http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply.

I have read that link -- several times actually -- and several other posts/tutorials in my efforts to move forward with upgrading.

The issue right now is that my 1.3.7 DB will not upload to the new site, 1.5.1.

I do not want to upgrade my db at the old site (1.3.7) to 1.5.1 as then my old site will no longer work, and there is no guarantee that I can import that upgraded DB to the new 1.5.1 site. The new 1.5.1 site is on a new server and all the settings are set to the new server and the DB created at the time of installation, a necessary transition due to the requirements for 1.5.1.

Thus far, no one has identified (at least to me) why the entire current DB will not upload to the new 1.5.1 DB. It appears to partially load and then experiences an error, at the same place three times now. (See earlier post with the error code). Sounds to me like there is a glitch at that point or there are too many records (nearly 60,000). If it is because too many records, perhaps I could simply delete about 20,000 and upload it to the new site.

Thank you.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

I attempted to upload my 1.3.7 database into a second, backup DB on that site.

I have an error at exactly the same place as when I attempt to upload the DB to the new 1.5.7 site.

My conclusion is there is a problem with that Banner history table. None of it loads. Everything prior to that table DOES LOAD. So it is not the update or the new server or the PHP version -- I think there is a problem in the DB somehow. Or, that table is so BIG the upload drops it. The error message is: "/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `banners_history` DISABLE KEYS */;"

Thank you.
    Cheryl

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast