Plugin Contributions

Default Did PP Express change checkout recently? I have no "Paypal account optional"

Hello,

I recently just discovered that when testing our PayPal Express checkout that it does not have "PayPal account optional".
    I removed all cookies, tried different browsers (same IP though) and no longer see that very highly desired option from many customers to "not" Log in to PayPal. Store has not been changed or altered for years, PayPal settings are still same at PayPal, and the Profile choice for "PayPal account optional" is available and "On". None of those setting have been changed for a long time.

Store has not been tested in a while but does make a few successful sales with PP express.
    I searched, looked around quite a bit but so far only find very old info on the matter.

So, am I over looking some change at PP that is out of my control and I did not notice or can I try to fix this?
    Please forgive my naivety, it's been awhile.
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f
    Zen 1.3.9h, Zen 1.27 + (did that, done with that)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Did PP Express change checkout recently? I have no "Paypal account optional"

Well now I see that the layout is different and I just noticed

"Checkout as a guest" in small text, Geez.

If this trickery messed with my head then it must be causing many of those bailed carts from regular customers and a lack of income to PP as well. And my checkout PP layout is all wrong to what it was for years and probably not fixable.
    Ow well, sorry to trouble anyone.
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f
    Zen 1.3.9h, Zen 1.27 + (did that, done with that)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Did PP Express change checkout recently? I have no "Paypal account optional"

If you believe PayPal's screens are confusing to your customers, then please tell PayPal !!!!!
    If they don't get feedback about what's not working, they won't know about your concerns.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.