Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How can i remove unwanted fields from New Costumer Registration Form?

Good Morning, i have a problem with REGISTRATION FORM, there are some fields that i want completely remove from the page, but i can’t find the correct way for do it.
    Now I’m trying to remove “COUNTRY” fields, the matter is: I will sell only in Italy so I want remove contry fields, or if is not possible set it in “NOT ESSENTIAL” for complete the registration…
    I have try to modify the php text in tpl_modules_create_account but I cant do it in correct way….
    I had try more and more times without find correct solution…

So I hope to find here someone that want show me step by step what I must do….

Or link to me an old post (if there is ) where is described how do it.

Thanks for now!

sorry if this problem was already solved.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Danilo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can i remove unwanted fields from New Costumer Registration Form?

The easiest way is this http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1424 deselect all except Italy then if you change your shipping anytime you can select additional countries.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can i remove unwanted fields from New Costumer Registration Form?

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    The easiest way is this http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1424 deselect all except Italy then if you change your shipping anytime you can select additional countries.
    thanks for the help!!!!! and for the link of plug in!

Danilo

Plugin Contributions

So..... I'm in Budapest and have a cousin in Pordenone. How do I go about sending her a gift if I can't register? Might be that you leave things alone and set the shipping zone to Italy. That will stop anyone from shipping outside Italy but allow the "Bella Cugina" to receive a gift.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    So..... I'm in Budapest and have a cousin in Pordenone. How do I go about sending her a gift if I can't register? Might be that you leave things alone and set the shipping zone to Italy. That will stop anyone from shipping outside Italy but allow the "Bella Cugina" to receive a gift.
    Doh! Oh yeah touche.

Plugin Contributions

No touche, just made the same mistakes. If you learn from your mistakes, I should be a triple PhD

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    No touche
    A high five then

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Thanks again for the tip of the plugin, I tried it but it can be very useful, at least for the shipment, it is not what I need. I was hoping that disabling the countries with the plugin you recommended were also hidden in the registration form instead remain the same. I needed just delete from the registration form on the field "Country" so as to leave only the other data also to make the form easier for customers. I hope there is a way to remove this field from the registration form.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MorganWheadfields View Post
    Thanks again for the tip of the plugin, I tried it but it can be very useful, at least for the shipment, it is not what I need. I was hoping that disabling the countries with the plugin you recommended were also hidden in the registration form instead remain the same. I needed just delete from the registration form on the field "Country" so as to leave only the other data also to make the form easier for customers. I hope there is a way to remove this field from the registration form.
    But that still doesn't resolve the important point brought up by Dbltoe.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately we are not able to ship outside of Italy that's why I asked her to remove the field "Country" but if we could also send out of Italy I would not ask you to change anything because it was fine in the registration form by default.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast