Plugin Contributions

Default Fatal Error; cannot access site

Upon trying to access admin login page for the Zencart webstore, (http://dancingtothespiritofthewood.com/webstore/) I get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: stripos() in /home/WP-LC/wp-lc.php on line 5

I last successfully accessed the site via ftp 10/1/2013. The admin login page was successfully logged into about one week ago.

I have searched every file on my site and cannot find any file named "home"--all the pages I would call a home page are titled "index". I don't know how to begin to find this document nor what to do when/if I do. I'm wondering if the site has been hacked?

I did a search of the entire site via Lunarpages File Manager just to double check, and no pages were found with the search query: /home/WP-LC/wp-lc.php

I read another post on the forum concerning fatal errors which said to change "stripos" to "stristr" and the indication that this is a php compatibility problem. Site is hosted on Lunar Pages. They upgraded to PHP 5.3 in August, 2012. The site has been working fine up until today.

I use Dreamweaver CS3 to access the files, working on an iMac running OSX 10.6.8.

If you can help me, please be very specific as to where to find this page as there are so many files associated with the zencart site. I would consider my skill level at advanced beginner when it comes to coding and Zencart.

I manage this site for a friend, and they have received an order but cannot access admin to fulfill the order. Help! (and thanks!)

P.S. I can't figure out for sure if I'm running version 1.3.8a or 1.39h. From the version.php file, it reads:

<?php
    /**
    * version.php
    * Defines the project version details
    * Specifies what version the PHP fileset relates to.
    * Also declares what version the database "should" reflect if properly maintained and kept in sync.
    * @package general
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2007 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: version.php 7622 2007-12-11 19:39:53Z drbyte $
    * @private
    */

define('PROJECT_VERSION_NAME', 'Zen Cart');
    define('PROJECT_VERSION_MAJOR', '1');
    define('PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR', '3.8a');
    define('PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH1', '');
    define('PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH2', '');
    define('PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH1_SOURCE', '');
    define('PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH2_SOURCE', '');
    define('NEW_VERSION_CHECKUP_URL','http://ping.zen-cart.com/version_id.txt');
    define('EXPECTED_DATABASE_VERSION_MAJOR', '1');
    define('EXPECTED_DATABASE_VERSION_MINOR', '3.8');
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal Error; cannot access site

Ask your host of they've updated php version again.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestion. I have submitted a request for this information. However, when Lunarpages was contacted earlier today, they said everything "was fine" on their end.

Plugin Contributions

I would assume that home/WP-LC/wp-lc.php would be a file named wp-lc.php in the WP-LC folder (directory) which is in the /home (possibly the root (or top) directory of the store. That file, by the way is not a Zencart file. What other programs do you have installed on the site ?

Found this, which suggests you get back with your host:

http://www.wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-739

Plugin Contributions

The host (Lunarpages) did respond to my query and has fixed the initial problem of receiving the fatal error message. However, now I get a blank page when I try to access the webstore. I suspect (from further reading in the forum) that this may be a compatibility issue with v.1.3.8a. I did not want to upgrade to a newer version because I'm concerned that it will become a major disaster--I read the warnings about losing files, making sure this or that file is not overwritten or changed in any way, etc.

This webstore has an order pending and without access to it cannot be fulfilled. Is there any easy fix that (with my limited experience and knowledge) I can initiate until I have time (and courage) to do the upgrade?

And is there any specific tutorial that will lead me step by step through either the fix or the upgrade so I don't destroy the site?

I appreciate all your help and advice. I suspect it may be frustrating to you experts to have to deal with beginner's issues over and over and I appreciate your patience.

Plugin Contributions

Assuming the problem is with the mismatch between Zencart 1.3.8 and PHP 5.3 or higher, here's a workaround you can use until you can upgrade your Zencart version:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...t-for-v1-3-8-a

Don't let the anecdotal stuff scare you away from doing the upgrade ASAP. It can be time consuming, but it isn't difficult, and your store can stay online except for a short time. There are instructions in the Tutorials. Your version is insecure and may be open to hacking.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the rapid response and your advice. If it is a compatibility issue, I will apply the patch and then do the upgrade.

I'm waiting to hear from the host for their input.

Thank you so much for your help and patience.

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to update this and let you know I successfully applied the patch and the site is working again. I'll get to work on the upgrade. Thank you for giving me the confidence to try, and once again, thanks so much for your help.