Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Westerlee, Groningen, Netherlands, Netherlands
    Plugin Contributions

Default There are no products to list in this category. But there are!

Hi!

I am having a strange problem.
    Alle the categories are activated and also my products, but i read the sentence There are no products to list in this category.
    The only thing shown is new products for this month.

And you have to manually click the new button on the main page to see the newly added products, is that a normal procedure? I want to show the newly added products directly on the main page.

URL: http://www.car-stickers.nl/zen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: There are no products to list in this category. But there are!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Wiegers View Post
    Hi!

I am having a strange problem.
    Alle the categories are activated and also my products, but i read the sentence There are no products to list in this category.
    The only thing shown is new products for this month.

And you have to manually click the new button on the main page to see the newly added products, is that a normal procedure? I want to show the newly added products directly on the main page.

URL: http://www.car-stickers.nl/zen
    Generally speaking, a default template would show the new products without manual action by the user. It would appear, however, that your template does not do that and requires the user to click the new "link" to display the new products.

My advice is to possibly write to the cretor of your template and see if they can help you, to modify the code yourself, seek other zenners willing to provide the code locatioons to modify the template, or to seek someone willing to do this for a fee.

Things that would help other zenners to identify what to change would be to identify your template and perhaps a location to download it from. If you paid for your template, I would definitely recommend contacting the author.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your response, my template is Responsive Sheffield Blue, i will post the message over there and if i have the solution post it over here so other people can use it also.

Plugin Contributions

Tthe date of the product wasn't saved properly and remained empty, that's why the categories weren't filled. I figured out another way to add a date and it works. Now 600 products to go... ;-)

The new products on the main page can be shown by editing th css file for the template.

Plugin Contributions

Tthe date of the product wasn't saved properly and remained empty, that's why the categories weren't filled. I figured out another way to add a date and it works. Now 600 products to go... ;-)

The new products on the main page can be shown by editing th css file for the template.
    Well, at least the source of the problem identified here was identified. Of course need to resolve why that happened. In the mean time you could either run a SQL query to update all products (if all are/were affected) or to update only those that don't have a date.

I was also thinking you could use something like easy populate, but I'm guessing you really need to get back to business quickly.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply, I want to place the site live ASAP, but the only thing is I am not used to work with SQL query. All the products have the wrong date unfortunately...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply, I want to place the site live ASAP, but the only thing is I am not used to work with SQL query. All the products have the wrong date unfortunately...
    From within the ZenCart admin panel, if you go to Tools->Install SQL patches and enter the following query, all of your products that currently do not have a product_added_date will be updated to have the product_added_date of "now".

UPDATE `products` SET
    `products_date_added` = NOW( )
    WHERE `products_date_added` = '' ;

After that, you need to figure out why your 600+ products were added without dates so it does not happen again.

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

Thanks, i figured out all the dates are on 2013-10-31, i duplicated the products one by one because of the options and so it happened that all the dates are on that day. I added new products as a test with the date of today and that didn't work because the date filed remains empty, but when i set the date to tomorrow the system configures it well (?).

The SQL query didn't work unfortunately, is it because of the 2013-10-31?

Despite of the troubles thanks for your help anyway!

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

Thanks, i figured out all the dates are on 2013-10-31, i duplicated the products one by one because of the options and so it happened that all the dates are on that day. I added new products as a test with the date of today and that didn't work because the date filed remains empty, but when i set the date to tomorrow the system configures it well (?).

The SQL query didn't work unfortunately, is it because of the 2013-10-31?

Despite of the troubles thanks for your help anyway!
    I am unfortunately at a loss of what to say. I think there is a miscommunication/misunderstanding. I have more questions than answers: why is there a date in the future? What field has the future date? What is it that you are trying to display that has not been displaying unless the date is in the future? A few comments back, said that
    Tthe date of the product wasn't saved properly and remained empty, that's why the categories weren't filled.
    Please clarify to help with a way to rapidly get your products online/proper instead of manually adjusting 600+ items.
    The SQL was "designed" based off of the description of what was provided, if that was misunderstood by me, then that is why the SQL "didn't work".

If you are showing "upcoming products" then yes, the date of concern/to be filtered must be in the future, not today and not yesterday. If we are talking about products in the respective category/(ies), I would expect that the date of concern should be in the past, because it makes sense not to show a product until a certain date/time has been reached.

Hopefully though you have figured out how to keep your products up and visible. Concerned that you will have to routinely update the database from day to day to keep your product(s) visible. There is no reason to need this and is counterproductive to running a sales site such as with ZenCart.

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

I hope this screenshot explains what i mean, because it is a little strange problem ;-)

When i put the date of today in that field, and i save the product, the field remains empty, when i put the day for tomorrow in it, everything goes well.
    About the date i mentioned before, i don't know how that came in, perhaps a mistake of myself.

Fact is that over 600 products have the date 2013-10-31.

Yesterday i have added about 150 new products and it did go well when i putted the date on one day later (instead of 21 oct, 22 oct).

I hope i have explained everything clearly now.
    And when there is no solution to automate the date to today, i will do it manually.

Did i mention i am very glad you try to help me out, really appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast