Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How about touch interfaces?

I've been playing (with an HP TouchSmart PC with IE-10 and Windows 8.1 and a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab II) and their respective touch interfaces and am having "difficulties" with the mega_menu drop-downs using the touch input interfaces. I can click each of the top menu items (like "Shop" in the Stirling Grand demo), but the only time I can get a sub-menu displayed (like Shop->Hardware) is if I 'beat' the time that it takes the click on 'Shop' to load (hoping that that description makes sense!).

Is there a subtlety in the touch interface that I'm missing?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How about touch interfaces?

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've been playing (with an HP TouchSmart PC with IE-10 and Windows 8.1 and a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab II) and their respective touch interfaces and am having "difficulties" with the mega_menu drop-downs using the touch input interfaces. I can click each of the top menu items (like "Shop" in the Stirling Grand demo), but the only time I can get a sub-menu displayed (like Shop->Hardware) is if I 'beat' the time that it takes the click on 'Shop' to load (hoping that that description makes sense!).

Is there a subtlety in the touch interface that I'm missing?
    Would you mind sharing your outcome using the mentioned devices using the mega menu displayed on this dev site?

http://www[.]zcadditions[.]com/sterlin/
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    Would you mind sharing your outcome using the mentioned devices using the mega menu displayed on this dev site?

http://www[.]zcadditions[.]com/sterlin/
    Using the Samsung Galaxy Tab II
    • First touch on Shop does nothing. Second touch brings up submenu. Touch Test B, sub-submenu shows and disappears. Touching the second time (pattern developing) brings up sub-submenu.
    • Touch Brands brings up partial (Brands shows with a kind-of submenu with nothing in it).
    • Same thing with Info; first touch shows/hides then second touch brings up submenu

Touch computer with IE-10 and Windows 8.1
    • Touching any of the links (with the homepage displayed) appears to do nothing.
    • Touch a footer link (like Contact Us) brings up the associated page. Touching a non-Home link in the header does nothing (other than the system gives me feedback that I've touched something), but touching the Home link in the header takes me home.

Plugin Contributions

Using the Samsung Galaxy Tab II
    • First touch on Shop does nothing. Second touch brings up submenu. Touch Test B, sub-submenu shows and disappears. Touching the second time (pattern developing) brings up sub-submenu.
    • Touch Brands brings up partial (Brands shows with a kind-of submenu with nothing in it).
    • Same thing with Info; first touch shows/hides then second touch brings up submenu

Touch computer with IE-10 and Windows 8.1
    • Touching any of the links (with the homepage displayed) appears to do nothing.
    • Touch a footer link (like Contact Us) brings up the associated page. Touching a non-Home link in the header does nothing (other than the system gives me feedback that I've touched something), but touching the Home link in the header takes me home.
    Makes sense!

The CSS onHover is always active so first onClick would actually hide menu and second onClick would show menu.

No Brands associated for their are no products. Working as intended.

Made no alteration to Footer.

Let me change some code, if you don't mind re-testing?
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    Let me change some code, if you don't mind re-testing?
    No problem; just let me know when to check!

Plugin Contributions

Update: I don't know if you changed anything, but on the Windows 8.1 TouchSmart running Google Chrome the interface works perfectly! I misspoke when I said that the IE version being used was IE-10 (gotta love the Windows auto-updates) -- it's IE-11 (11.0.9431.217) that does not work (there's a big surprise).

Plugin Contributions

Update: I don't know if you changed anything, but on the Windows 8.1 TouchSmart running Google Chrome the interface works perfectly!
    I did, so this is a good sign.

I misspoke when I said that the IE version being used was IE-10 (gotta love the Windows auto-updates) -- it's IE-11 (11.0.9431.217) that does not work (there's a big surprise).
    Yeah, surprising. (sarcasm)

I only applied javascript using an onClick function, I can only imagine as to why IE wouldn't recognize that.

Plugin Contributions

I'm off to run some errands, but will re-check the Galaxy Tab and see what options are set for IE-11.

Plugin Contributions

The Galaxy Tab (running, I assume, Chrome) performs perfectly. IE-11, no change. I looked at the Internet Settings and they all look benign. I enabled the IE development tool and looked at the console log ... here's what was there:
    Code:
    DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337
    DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337
    HTML1524: Invalid HTML5 DOCTYPE. Consider using the interoperable form "<!DOCTYPE html>".File: sterlin, Line: 1, Column: 1
    HTML1512: Unmatched end tag.File: sterlin, Line: 192, Column: 100
    HTML1512: Unmatched end tag.File: sterlin, Line: 336, Column: 100carouFredSel: No element found for "#foo1".
    SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by color. Some styles were not applied to :visited.File: sterlin

Plugin Contributions

The Galaxy Tab (running, I assume, Chrome) performs perfectly. IE-11, no change. I looked at the Internet Settings and they all look benign. I enabled the IE development tool and looked at the console log ... here's what was there:
    Code:
    HTML1524: Invalid HTML5 DOCTYPE. Consider using the interoperable form "<!DOCTYPE html>".File: sterlin, Line: 1, Column: 1
    HTML1512: Unmatched end tag.File: sterlin, Line: 192, Column: 100
    HTML1512: Unmatched end tag.File: sterlin, Line: 336, Column: 100carouFredSel: No element found for "#foo1".
    SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by color. Some styles were not applied to :visited.File: sterlin
    None of which seem to be related to the mega menu. I'm stumped but will continue on with different testing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast