Plugin Contributions

Default Numinix Product Fields where should I upload "optional_fields" folder ?

Hi.
    I'm having trouble with Numinix Product Fields. I ran sql patch and uploaded "catalog" and "optional_catalog". I still don't see extra product fields.
    It doesn't say where I should upload "optional_fields" folder.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Numinix Product Fields where should I upload "optional_fields" folder ?

I just installed this on a test site, and it seems to work OK. Where did you upload the files ?

You should have uploaded the catalog/admin/includes folder from the mod to your site's (renamed) admin folder.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Numinix Product Fields where should I upload "optional_fields" folder ?

I uploaded contents of "catalog/admin" to my admin(renamed) folder. After that I don't see Numinix option in my product editor. I uploaded "optional_catalog" to my "admin(renamed)/includes" then still nothing happens. I even uploaded "optional_catalog" to "mysite/includes". Still no luck.
    Also it's not clear where should I upload below folder.
    "optional_fields"
    Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I just installed this on a test site, and it seems to work OK. Where did you upload the files ?

You should have uploaded the catalog/admin/includes folder from the mod to your site's (renamed) admin folder.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what to tell you. I did the same (uploaded the contents of catalog/admin from the mod to my renamed admin folder, ran the install.sql patch, and the 'Condition' field displays on the product setup/edit page. It seems that if you install the optional_catalog files (which don't go in admin) yoiu have to install some or all of the optional_field SQL statements or you'll get an error. Each optional_fields case has to be uploaded separately, and each has its own SQL patch.

The instructions for this mod are not up to Numinix' usual standard.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your help. Readme file need update with more precise info. I just installed and edited SKU value on the product setup/edit page. But I don't see SKU value on front store also I can't make search using SKU.
    Can you help me little bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Not sure what to tell you. I did the same (uploaded the contents of catalog/admin from the mod to my renamed admin folder, ran the install.sql patch, and the 'Condition' field displays on the product setup/edit page. It seems that if you install the optional_catalog files (which don't go in admin) yoiu have to install some or all of the optional_field SQL statements or you'll get an error. Each optional_fields case has to be uploaded separately, and each has its own SQL patch.

The instructions for this mod are not up to Numinix' usual standard.

Plugin Contributions

Did you enable SKU in Admin - Catalog - Product Types - Edit Layout ? Still doesn't show up in Search in my installation, though. Do visitors often search for an SKU on your site ?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, did you upload the items in the catalog folder as well, that is required for the module to work. Then for items in the optional folder upload the files just as normal and run the SQL, I have installed this many times without issue. Does that solve the issue?