Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Not WOrking ???

Quote Originally Posted by alhakeem2001 View Post
    I already did that , check my first post please !
    That post states that you checked the logs in the cache folder. What about the logs in the logs folder?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    That post states that you checked the logs in the cache folder. What about the logs in the logs folder?
    why we have two locations to check errors ? any way that's my logs from yesterday :

[02-Dec-2013 09:44:49] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_validate_password() in /home1/arabbro1/public_html/newadmin/includes/functions/admin_access.php on line 297

Plugin Contributions

You *may* have some corrupted file(s) in your admin folder

Make sure that your admin/includes/configure.php file is read only (that ensures that this file is not overwritten by subsequent uploads).

Then re-upload your admin files from the distribution fileset to your renamed admin folder. If you had any corrupted files, they should be overwritten by clean files.

Try and log into your admin, it should work.

Plugin Contributions

why we have two locations to check errors ?
    The error logs were relocated with ZenCart V1.5.x into the new /logs/ folder.

[02-Dec-2013 09:44:49] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_validate_password() in /home1/arabbro1/public_html/newadmin/includes/functions/admin_access.php on line 297
    This is a bit of a mystery. The zen_validate_password function is in the file /newadmin/includes/functions/password_funcs.php (Same folder as the admin_access.php code) and as a general rule, if one exists and is readable, so is the other. In theory, this error should never exist unless the password_funcs.php is missing, corrupted or has had its permissions changed.

That'll be the 1st place I'd start to look.

Cheers
    Rod
    Last edited by RodG; 3 Dec 2013 at 12:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Guys, I have also a problem with my admin page, After installing a fresh new Zencart V. 1.5.1, I had to change my admin folder to something different, when tried to log-in to my admin I got a blank page ! I checked my cache folder for any errors, there was only one file with this error logs:
    installerConfigKeys|a:1:{s:8:"language";s:7:"english";}logfilename|s:27:"Dec-01-2013_07-38-47-GUOyBZ";installerConfigInfo|a:0:{}
    which it didn't help that much ! Please help...
    FWIW, this isn't indicative of any errors (that I can see). This is a SESSION file that was created during the install process. This file will automatically disappear in due course.
    Never delete these SESSION files manually unless you know you have a real need to do so. It ca have a detrimental effect on people using your store.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    The error logs were relocated with ZenCart V1.5.x into the new /logs/ folder.

This is a bit of a mystery. The zen_validate_password function is in the file /newadmin/includes/functions/password_funcs.php (Same folder as the admin_access.php code) and as a general rule, if one exists and is readable, so is the other. In theory, this error should never exist unless the password_funcs.php is missing, corrupted or has had its permissions changed.

That'll be the 1st place I'd start to look.

Cheers
    Rod
    There is no password_funcs.php file in the /newadmin/includes/functions/.... however I re-upload a fresh file of admin_access.php in the /newadmin/includes/functions/..... and still not working ! everytime I try to login I get the ( The website cannot display the page ! ) page !!!!

Plugin Contributions

There is no password_funcs.php file in the /newadmin/includes/functions/.... however I re-upload a fresh file of admin_access.php in the /newadmin/includes/functions/..... and still not working ! everytime I try to login I get the ( The website cannot display the page ! ) page !!!!
    Oooerrr. I don't think this is a problem of your doing. This file (password_funcs.php) appears to be missing from the ZenCart V1.5.1 installation files.

I've attached a zipped copy of the file to this message (hopefully).

Unzip it and place place the .php file into the /newadmin/includes/functions/ folder.

Please let us know how it goes.

IMPORTANT: I'm not one of the ZenCart dev team. They *may* have removed this file for some reason that I'm not aware of. Until/unless they say otherwise (and assuming that this solves your problem) it should not be considered a 'proper' solution.

Cheers
    Rod
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Nop, That didn't help too ! still the same problem !

Plugin Contributions

Just for update I'm still having this error in the log folder :

[03-Dec-2013 06:08:51] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_validate_password() in /home1/arabbro1/public_html/newadmin/includes/functions/admin_access.php on line 297

Plugin Contributions

The function zen_validate_password exists (as a common store-front/admin file) in /includes/functions/password_funcs.php. That file, in the Zen Cart v1.5.1 admin, is loaded by /admin/init_includes/init_errors.php, which is loaded by the admin auto_loader config.core.php at checkpoint 140.

I would check that the following files exist and are unmodified from the v1.5.1 distribution
    1. /includes/functions/password_funcs.php
    2. /admin/auto_loaders/config.core.php
    3. /admin/init_includes/init_errors.php

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast