Plugin Contributions

help question What file can I use to change language to back to english?

I have the most recent version of Zen Cart. Just installed a week ago via Go Daddy. The server is Windows/IIS 7.0, php version 5.3, and SQL version 5.0. I have been unable to access the admin login page for a couple of days now. I had been having trouble getting the tagline at the top of the page to change and thought changing the language settings to specifically use my custom language, and ever since I have gotten an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error every time I try to go to the login page. I know the language change is the problem because of the log file that generates every time I try the link to the login page. They all say:
    PHP Code:
    [21-Nov-2013 08:18:43PHP Warning:  require(includes/languages/mine.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open streamNo such file or directory in D:\Hosting\11133122\html\zencart\adminurrhtcqq\includes\init_includes\init_languages.php on line 35
    [21-Nov-2013 08:18:43PHP Fatal error:  require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/mine.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear'in D:\Hosting\11133122\html\zencart\adminurrhtcqq\includes\init_includes\init_languages.php on line 35 
    I tried changing things around in the file it mentioned but nothing worked. I also tried changing the names around in includes/languages/ but that didn't do anything either. I put everything back the way it was after finding that it didn't fix the problem of course.
    I believe the solution is to change the language that it uses back to English but I can't find the file that does that and don't want to mess anything else up.
    Anybody happen to know what file I need to edit to fix this? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Guaranteed ITH Tech; 21 Nov 2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What file can I use to change language to back to english?

My advice would be to delete what you have and start over. That would probably be easier than trying to figure out what's wrong with your current installation.

Zencart uses language packs to add languages other than English. Did you use one of those when you made your changes ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    My advice would be to delete what you have and start over. That would probably be easier than trying to figure out what's wrong with your current installation.

Zencart uses language packs to add languages other than English. Did you use one of those when you made your changes ?
    Yeah, I probably will do that unless someone happens to come along who knows what I need to do within the next couple of hours.

No I didn't use a language pack because it was still English, it was just an overwrite folder. I changed the settings because I thought it might fix the problem I was having getting the tagline to change. Thinking about it now I know that doesn't make sense because the other overwrites I made worked fine without changing any settings.

Plugin Contributions

Uninstalling and starting over now so no more help needed. Thanks