Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal plan options

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Yes, Express accepts credit cards. Fact is, there's no reason to use Standard anymore, and I expect it to be removed from future Zencart versions.
    I hope it doesn't unless there is a significant issue with maintaining support. A few months back, having the option to fall back on standard was the only way we were able to process transactions through paypal for I think at least three weeks. Yes, a combination of our host's and those downstream to paypal's fault (and ours for 1) staying with them and 2) not taking up an alternative payment system), but there were several others that were reporting problems at the same time that did not appear to have the same host as us.

So I hope that standard remains available in some way, but can understand that support may be limited as well.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I hope it doesn't unless there is a significant issue with maintaining support. A few months back, having the option to fall back on standard was the only way we were able to process transactions through paypal for I think at least three weeks. Yes, a combination of our host's and those downstream to paypal's fault (and ours for 1) staying with them and 2) not taking up an alternative payment system), but there were several others that were reporting problems at the same time that did not appear to have the same host as us.
    Express stopped working, but Standard still worked ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Express stopped working, but Standard still worked ?
    Yup. Who'd a thunk it. Express uses curl communication via secure telnet port 443 to communicate with the paypal servers. Around that time there were apparently various things going on on several sites, some were saying that they had updated the firewalls, other had been blocked by one of the processors in the middle of the communication path. My host never identified exactly what our issue was, but changing to standard allowed processing when express did not. They promised to do so, but didn't follow through even when asked again a second time. That aside, haven't had issue with them directly.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12