Plugin Contributions

Default Sidebox Anywhere Addon from Dr Byte

Hi there
    I am creating a responsive template and wish to put most of my sidebox content from the current template into a footer area.
    I am achieving this successfully for the most part, but am having a bit of trouble with my order tracking addon which uses a sidebox.
    When I found the Sidebox Anywhere addon I thought it may be suitable.
    My site is running on MySQL v 5.5.32 and PHP 5.2.17.
    I have tried adding the code: <?php $zcSBmodule = &#39;track_orders.php&#39;; $zcSBlayout = &quot;left&quot;; require (&#39;/home/sites/thumpers.co.uk/public_html/msfx-test/single_sidebox.php&#39;);?>
    This results in the page breaking at the commencement of the div that this code is in and the debug files containing the errors:
    [05-Dec-2013 17:45:26] PHP Warning: require() [function.require]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/sites/my_sites_root_folder/includes/templates/new/common/tpl_footer.php on line 29
    [05-Dec-2013 17:45:26] PHP Warning: require(http://my_sites_root_folder/single_sidebox.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/sites/my_sites_root_folder/includes/templates/new/common/tpl_footer.php on line 29
    [05-Dec-2013 17:45:26] PHP Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required &#39;http://my_sites_root_folder/single_sidebox.php&#39; (include_path=&#39;.:/usr/share/pear5:/usr/share/ZendFramework&#39;) in /home/sites/my_sites_root_folder/includes/templates/new/common/tpl_footer.php on line 29
    After a bit of Googling I found that I need to ask my hosts to include allow_url_fopen and allow_url_include in the server configuration which I have asked them to do, but the second two errors seems to point to something I am doing wrong in the code. The &quot;no suitable wrapper&quot; seems to imply that I have not included something that would be required? Can anybody point me in the right direction? Am I simply trying to use this addon in the wrong context? I know it says that it is for external sites, but I thought that the anywhere might imply that it could be used in any html page. Thanks for any help anyone can give. I have looked for an official thread on this addon but could not find one and the threads I have found did not answer my question.
    Last edited by RoPey; 5 Dec 2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Formatting problems

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sidebox Anywhere Addon from Dr Byte

Sidebox Anywhere is intended to allow a remote page to pull data from Zen Cart; it is not meant for putting ZC content elsewhere on the ZC page.

To do what you want, the best route would be Editable Centerboxes from Plugins. The latest version has the additional ability to display standard sidebox content in desired center column locations, and it can be easily tweaked (instructions in the readme) to put the "middlebox" group anywhere desired.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sidebox Anywhere Addon from Dr Byte

Thank you so much for that. It sounds just the ticket - I hadn't found that one. I shall download and read through the readme.
    Much appreciated!