Plugin Contributions

Default Some questions about specials and featured

Here is my site www.bocahydro.com

How do I remove specials and new products from categories on homepage?

How do I edit New products , Special, Featured products on the top?

How can I DISPLAY an image when you search by manufacturer on sidebox?

thanks in advance! Happy holidays !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some questions about specials and featured

Go to admin - configuration and select

1. index listing
    2. all listing
    3. features listing
    4. products listing

Plugin Contributions

tried

not working

be specific

thx

Plugin Contributions

Your first question:

How do I remove specials and new products from categories on homepage?

Admin-> Configuration-> Index Listing

Turn off :
    Show New Products on Main Page - 0
    Show Special Products on Main Page - 0

and any others you'd like turned off.

Your second question:

How do I edit New products , Special, Featured products on the top?

I'm assuming you'd like to change their...

title/label:
    includes/languages/english/header.php

colour/font:
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css

layout/show/hide:
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_html_header.php
    and possibly
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_modules_categories_tabs.php

There could be other locations depending on the template you have installed.

Your third question:

How can I DISPLAY an image when you search by manufacturer on sidebox?

What is the image you'd like to display and where would you like it to show up?
    Twitch.
    Live Chat at http://www.twitchtoo.com - Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Ready to lead my generation with education and understanding.

Plugin Contributions

Id like to display manufacturer's image when someone searches a manufacturer in the category

like here http://bocahydro.com/index.php?main_...04be6167163b53 I inserted a html image in the category text field

I want to put the manufacturers image when someone selects a manufacturer in check box, rest of the answers A+ thx

Plugin Contributions

changing Show new products on main page to 0 removes the new products on bottom, but keeps the new products under categories

I have Show new products on main page - Category with subcategories at 0 same with specials

still there

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bocahydro View Post
    changing Show new products on main page to 0 removes the new products on bottom, but keeps the new products under categories

I have Show new products on main page - Category with subcategories at 0 same with specials

still there
    Admin-> Configuration-> Layout Settings-> Categories Box - Show Products New Link - false
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

went through the files you listed, I cant find the actual titles for the header, being New products, specials, featured products, my account

however I did find a file called tpl_top_nav.php

It looks like I can change the links in this file, and I changed the first new products link to my support site bocahydro.com/support ( ill add a target blank soon ) But basically I want to change the title to support site, and clearance for second one, featured I may keep

heres what the file looks like

?>

<div id="top_nav">
    <div id="tab_nav">
    <ul class="list-style-none">
    <?php
    if ($current_page_base == 'products_new') { $active = 'tab_active';
    } else { $active = '';
    }?>
    <li class="<?php echo $active;?>"><a href="support"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW;?></a></li>

<?php
    if ($current_page_base == 'specials') { $active = 'tab_active';
    } else { $active = '';
    }?>
    <li class="<?php echo $active;?>"><a href="index.php?main_page=specials"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS;?></a></li>

<?php
    if ($current_page_base == 'featured_products') { $active = 'tab_active';
    } else { $active = '';
    }?>
    <li class="<?php echo $active;?>"><a href="index.php?main_page=featured_products"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS;?></a></li>

<?php
    if ($current_page_base == 'account' || $current_page_base == 'login' || $current_page_base == 'account_edit' || $current_page_base == 'address_book' || $current_page_base == 'account_password' || $current_page_base == 'account_newsletters' || $current_page_base == 'account_notifications') { $active = 'tab_active';
    } else { $active = '';
    }?>
    <li class="<?php echo $active;?>"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT;?></a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>

<div id="login_logout_section" class="float-right">
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
    <ul class="list-style-none inline-list">
    <li>
    <?php echo(TOP_MENU_HELLO);?><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo ($_SESSION['customer_first_name'].' '.$_SESSION['customer_last_name']);?></a>
    </li>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
    </ul>
    <?php
    } else {
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a>
    <?php echo HEADER_OR; ?>
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_REGISTER; ?></a>
    <?php } } ?>

</div>
    <div class="clearBoth"></div>

Title isn't in here, anyplace else they could be? I didn't go in the css ( yet ) im scared

Plugin Contributions

Ok we need to clarify some things, the last post I wrote about your admin settings turns switches on and off on the left sidebox. It looks like it worked and you've shut them off.

Your header text 'BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW' should be defined in a language file here:

includes/languages/english/header.php unless someone renamed it to top_nav.php?

There you will find the words you are looking to change:
    define ('BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW', 'New Products');

to

define ('BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW', 'Support');

CSS is controlling the look and placement of the actual line of text.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Your template has a file called tpl_top_nav.php which looks like it controls the top navigation links.
    • Support Site
    • Clearance Items
    • Featured Products
    • My Account

(BTW, it wasn't clear from your initial post that this is what you wanted to change)

Based on the contents of your tpl_top_nav.php as you posted them, it looks like it uses default Zen Cart language defines which control the text for these top navigation links..

These defines:

1. BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW
    2. BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS
    3. TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS

Are the ones you are after.. As Twitch pointed out, these are in a language file.

However, off the top of my head, I don't believe that these defines are in the includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/header.php file. I believe that the new (BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW) and specials (BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS) defines are probably in the includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php. The TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS is in a different language file (not sure which one off the top of my head)

If that is not the correct file, you can use the Developers Toolkit (Admin > Tools > Developers Toolkit) and search for the correct language file which contains these defines. If the override file does not exist, you need to copy includes/languages/english.php to includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/ so you can create the proper override file.

One other change I would make:
    Your template's tpl_top_nav.php file should use a define for featured products that is consistent with the one used for new and specials. If it were me, I would replace
    TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS
    with the BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED in the tpl_top_nav.php. This way you can make your changes for all three top navigation links in ONE language file.

Quote Originally Posted by bocahydro View Post
    went through the files you listed, I cant find the actual titles for the header, being New products, specials, featured products, my account

however I did find a file called tpl_top_nav.php

It looks like I can change the links in this file, and I changed the first new products link to my support site bocahydro.com/support ( ill add a target blank soon ) But basically I want to change the title to support site, and clearance for second one, featured I may keep

heres what the file looks like

?>

<div id="top_nav">
    <div id="tab_nav">
    <ul class="list-style-none">
    <?php
    if ($current_page_base == 'products_new') { $active = 'tab_active';
    } else { $active = '';
    }?>
    <li class="<?php echo $active;?>"><a href="support"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW;?></a></li>

<?php
    if ($current_page_base == 'specials') { $active = 'tab_active';
    } else { $active = '';
    }?>
    <li class="<?php echo $active;?>"><a href="index.php?main_page=specials"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS;?></a></li>

<?php
    if ($current_page_base == 'featured_products') { $active = 'tab_active';
    } else { $active = '';
    }?>
    <li class="<?php echo $active;?>"><a href="index.php?main_page=featured_products"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS;?></a></li>

<?php
    if ($current_page_base == 'account' || $current_page_base == 'login' || $current_page_base == 'account_edit' || $current_page_base == 'address_book' || $current_page_base == 'account_password' || $current_page_base == 'account_newsletters' || $current_page_base == 'account_notifications') { $active = 'tab_active';
    } else { $active = '';
    }?>
    <li class="<?php echo $active;?>"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT;?></a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>

<div id="login_logout_section" class="float-right">
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
    <ul class="list-style-none inline-list">
    <li>
    <?php echo(TOP_MENU_HELLO);?><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo ($_SESSION['customer_first_name'].' '.$_SESSION['customer_last_name']);?></a>
    </li>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
    </ul>
    <?php
    } else {
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a>
    <?php echo HEADER_OR; ?>
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_REGISTER; ?></a>
    <?php } } ?>

</div>
    <div class="clearBoth"></div>

Title isn't in here, anyplace else they could be? I didn't go in the css ( yet ) im scared
    My Site
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.