Plugin Contributions

Default Responsive templates: How to test actual look and feel in devices

First I would like to thank Anne for making wonderful templates for the ZC community.

From what I know, resizing my browser ain't the same as what it would look like on a device. As I read blogs and posts of testing responsive sites, I tried some of the links they gave on where to test them. But it seems that these sites are only resizing browers to the resolutions which does NOT give the actual feel on a device.

Basically, is their a firefox add on or a simulator to test it on some of the popular phones and tablets that mimic the feel of what I would see on the device. I would like to mainly test the layout to give customers a smooth navigation starting in 2014.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive templates: How to test actual look and feel in devices

Firefox has a built-in responsive (and now touch) "tester" that will handle most of the interface testing (it's still a good idea to run the views by "real" devices). Click Tools->Developer Tools->Responsive Design View (Ctrl+Shift+M).

Plugin Contributions

The simple way:

http://www.responsinator.com/?url=ht...ucando_fashion

Enter your url and submit.
    Our Site: http://zucando.com
    Marketing Plugins: Marketing Modules
    Free Response Templates: Responsive Templates

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Has there been any additional products out since this thread started for testing mobile and tablets? I'm testing my site on two Apple products, and neither show up in these emulators the same way as they do on the device. So I am having trouble figuring out why this one item goes to the next page. I tried the Firefox emulator, mobilewebsitesubmit, and a few others. Also, any ideas for testing on a device I don't own.

Thanks
    Lruskauff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    Hi

Has there been any additional products out since this thread started for testing mobile and tablets? I'm testing my site on two Apple products, and neither show up in these emulators the same way as they do on the device. So I am having trouble figuring out why this one item goes to the next page. I tried the Firefox emulator, mobilewebsitesubmit, and a few others. Also, any ideas for testing on a device I don't own.

Thanks
    Lruskauff
    If you want to use your desktop and any emulator you need to use these urls to test my templates, or any others built using the diy responsive template default:

your domain.com/index.php?main_page=index&display_mode=isMobile

your domain.com/index.php?main_page=index&display_mode=isTablet

I use http://troy.labs.daum.net/

Use this url to switch the user back to desktop:

your domain.com/index.php?main_page=index&display_mode=isDesktop

You can also just view on the particular device.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Anne
    I'll give that a try.
    Lruskauff