Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread: Checkbox Textbox Icon Addon for Listings

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Check the featured products listing. It has the "increment" (shopping cart icon) and "decrement" (trash can like) feature. These icons can be swapped out, so don't get too hung up on how they look right now... Functionality comes first and I didn't want to hold up presentation just because of an icon....
    I agree, Icons are not a show stopper... Add to cart and Trash Can could even be changed to + and - (increment/decrement) icons.
    If you need someone to test your pre-release on production type servers please feel free to PM me.

Otherwise I'm not sure to which feature you were asking about including an increase/decrease option. If not mistaken, when checkbox textbox is active, a negative can be entered in the text box, although on my setup, it seems it will not remove the item from the cart. I thought I remembered someone saying that there is a programming error in something like products_id or product_id somewhere in the handling of product. Adds/deletes, but I couldn't find that fix, nor guarantee it would work for all if implemented on this store. So, used zc 1.5.1 in development, may be different in other versions, will have to compare and see, then possibly add-on.
    The add to cart/trash can function was what I was referring to.

Plugin Contributions

mc12345678,
    AWESOME PlugIn and a Great Job on the installation!!
    Installed on a out-of-the-box zc 1.5.1 install and it worked as advertized with the following nits.

1:
    I think there should be emphasis on step 6: Be logged in before uploading files...
    What I found was if you don't login to your store admin before uploading files you don't get the message stack message and the buttons were not moved from "CB_TXTB_ICON" to (in my case the classic) folder.
    So then the logic tries to get the buttons from the "template_default" and they ain't there.
    2:
    After install on the product listing configuration page in the store admin, the "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" setting says "no" instead of 0,1,2 or 3
    3:
    Instructions have this wording...
    /includes/modules/CB_TXTB_ICON/product_listing.php
    /includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/main_product_image.php
    4:
    Displaying the instructions with some good formatting (html?) would make them much easier to read/understand
    When I get a bit of time I could do that.... Where do I send the file?
    5:
    BTW This link is incorrect.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...">35081</font>
    6:
    Next step, install over the other 6 modules I'm using.
    Last edited by linuxguy2; 7 Jan 2014 at 04:56 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    mc12345678,
    AWESOME PlugIn and a Great Job on the installation!!
    Installed on a out-of-the-box zc 1.5.1 install and it worked as advertized with the following nits.

1:
    I think there should be emphasis on step 6: Be logged in before uploading files...
    What I found was if you don't login to your store admin before uploading files you don't get the message stack message and the buttons were not moved from "CB_TXTB_ICON" to (in my case the classic) folder.
    So then the logic tries to get the buttons from the "template_default" and they ain't there.
    2:
    After install on the product listing configuration page in the store admin, the "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" setting says "no" instead of 0,1,2 or 3
    3:
    Instructions have this wording...
    /includes/modules/CB_TXTB_ICON/product_listing.php
    /includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/main_product_image.php
    4:
    Displaying the instructions with some good formatting (html?) would make them much easier to read/understand
    When I get a bit of time I could do that.... Where do I send the file?
    5:
    BTW This link is incorrect.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...">35081</font>
    6:
    Next step, install over the other 6 modules I'm using.
    As others are likely to say, it is difficult to pin-point any one instruction that. Is more important to follow than any other, so regarding 1. It is difficult to say how to address, other than to provide the results of not following the instructions.

2. Was that a result when logged in (not yet timed out) and the admin files uploaded and then selecting a menu option, or was this a result of action taken leading to comment number 1?

3 and 4. Oops and would appreciate assistance in replacing "txt" with "html" or other. Recommend initiating communication through website in signature.

5. Will have to chase that one down, surprised it made it into/stayed in the instructions, especially since it doesn't lead to anywhere... Another oops, but different than before.

6. Merge existing files with new files, store in new sub-directory before uploading the admin files. Login, upload admin files, click on any admin option, observe message(s) related to install success. Other 6 modules should now be incorporated.

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully the latest version has been downloaded/incorporated. I provided a more up-to-date copy, because original tried to use a templated copy of the shopping_cart.php class file. New copy does not install a template version of the shopping_cart.php file.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Version 1.0.1 correctly places the new shopping_cart.php class file where it should go and has been published to the website. That version was provided for posting before receiving the comments above, so they have not yet been addressed/further verified.

Download is available from: Checkbox Textbox Icon Product Checkout

Plugin Contributions

2. Was that a result when logged in (not yet timed out) and the admin files uploaded and then selecting a menu option, or was this a result of action taken leading to comment number 1?
    2: (Clarification)
    After a clean successful installation of "Checkbox Textbox Icon Addon for Listings":
    On the product listing configuration page in the store admin, the "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" setting says "no" .

Looks like the source of the "no" is in "init_cb_txtb_icon_install(dot)php"

// Configuration Values to create or preserve
    $menu_items_prlst = array(
    array('PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE_BUY_NOW','no',20,array('0', '1', '2', '3')),
    array('PRODUCT_LISTING_CHECKBOX_TEXTBOX_ACTIVE','0',26,array('0', '1')),
    array('PRODUCT_LISTING_CHECKBOX_ACTIVE','0',27,array('0', '1')),
    array('SHOW_PRODUCT_LISTING_QUANTITY_IN_CART','2',28,array('0', '1', '2')),
    );

Plugin Contributions

Did I miss something in the posts?
    This morning I downloaded a fresh copy of the CheckBoxTextBoxIcon06V1.0.0.zip plugin, very carefully merged the files that needed merging, logged in to my store admin and uploaded the CheckBoxTextBoxIcon06V1.0.0.zip plugin files, clicked on Configuration > My Store and... I have never installed any sort of User Tracking in my stores.

Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/user_tracking_install_define.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/auto_loaders/config.user_tracking.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/classes/class.user_tracking.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/extra_datafiles/user_tracking_database_tables.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/functions/extra_functions/user_tracking.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/init_includes/init_user_tracking_install.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/languages/english/user_tracking.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/languages/english/user_tracking_config.php
    Warning Some Checkbox TextBox Icon files do not exist. Perhaps you have uploaded them incorrectly? Or the permissions are set incorrectly?
    Warning ********** Installation has been aborted. **********

THEN:
    Installed (uploaded) the files for the Admin section from the package I had downloaded yesterday and it worked with one exception. (last error above).
    Because the shopping_cart(dot) php file wasn't in a CB_TXTB_ICON folder.
    fixed that by adding a CB_TXTB_ICON folder moved shopping_cart(dot)php into it and it then installed properly and works.

Just to be sure I didn't get a corrupted download this AM I re-downloaded the CheckBoxTextBoxIcon06V1.0.0.zip plugin before posting this message but still get the errors.

Plugin Contributions

Did I miss something in the posts?
    This morning I downloaded a fresh copy of the CheckBoxTextBoxIcon06V1.0.0.zip plugin, very carefully merged the files that needed merging, logged in to my store admin and uploaded the CheckBoxTextBoxIcon06V1.0.0.zip plugin files, clicked on Configuration > My Store and... I have never installed any sort of User Tracking in my stores.

Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/user_tracking_install_define.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/auto_loaders/config.user_tracking.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/classes/class.user_tracking.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/extra_datafiles/user_tracking_database_tables.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/functions/extra_functions/user_tracking.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/init_includes/init_user_tracking_install.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/languages/english/user_tracking.php
    Warning Missing or unreadable file:/home/lucienos/public_html/lozc14/maintain_lozc14/includes/languages/english/user_tracking_config.php
    Warning Some Checkbox TextBox Icon files do not exist. Perhaps you have uploaded them incorrectly? Or the permissions are set incorrectly?
    Warning ********** Installation has been aborted. **********

THEN:
    Installed (uploaded) the files for the Admin section from the package I had downloaded yesterday and it worked with one exception. (last error above).
    Because the shopping_cart(dot) php file wasn't in a CB_TXTB_ICON folder.
    fixed that by adding a CB_TXTB_ICON folder moved shopping_cart(dot)php into it and it then installed properly and works.

Just to be sure I didn't get a corrupted download this AM I re-downloaded the CheckBoxTextBoxIcon06V1.0.0.zip plugin before posting this message but still get the errors.
    You did not receive anything other than what was provided to be posted. Unfortunately, what was provided had more changes to it than applicable to this plug-in.

In attempts to develop what would be my second installer, quickly provide a turnaround on the original package, and having not maintained routine tight revision control, I provided a faulty auto-installer (attempting to move files that did not exist in the package).

I've now taken the opportunity to incorporate comments that were provided and to make a few improvements to the installer. Once the moderators have are able to update the package, then things should be back to the way they should have been to begin with...

I did also find a discrepancy in how the images were loaded in the new products listing, I modified the icon names to coincide with the abbreviation used elsewhere in the package and I have included an updated core file that affects cart actions. In the default 1.5.1 installation if a product is in a product type other than general product, and is added to the cart from a category like listing while the cart is set to not show after adding a product, then the product would be added to the cart; however, the URI created would not include the products_id and potentially notify the guest that the product of interest did not exist. For those that have already installed the original version, I did not force deletion of the images upon installation (although uninstall is expected to remove the image(s) so if you have made changes to them you may want to back them up before performing the uninstall.)

Thank you for putting up with this initial testing... One thing I can see possibly to be revised is in the icon version to have the "increase" button above the "removal" button; however, I felt like having the positions switch after the first addition made one think at least once before continuing. Could also have both buttons always visible, but with the removal button inactive when nothing is in the cart. Trying not to add too many configurable options nor degrade the "shopping" experience.

Plugin Contributions

Love this plugin for iPads! however.....

In come cases "CheckBoxTextBoxIcon06V1.0.0" (CBTBI) and "column_layout_grid_2_3_1" (CLG) don't play well together.
    I suspect it may a simple matter of layout formatting.

On a clean test install (default classic template) of CLG merged with CBTBI everything is cool until you enable Display Cart Quantity and/or the add to cart/remove from cart buttons.
    I could not determine what part (if any) of the code in tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php controls the layout of that portion of the new code in CBTBI.

Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product; 3=on with Adj per Product) 3
    Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location 0
    Display Check Box and Text Box for Checkout 0
    Display Check Box for Checkout 0
    Display Cart Quantity (0 - None, 1 - Greater than 0, 2 - Always) (1 or 2)
    Display Product Description 150

Product Listing - Layout Style columns
    Product Listing - Columns Per Row 4
    Product Listing - Layout Style - Customer Control 0
    Product Listing - Show Sorter for Columns Layout 0

The product to the right of the product you enable with the above mentioned features (And any following products) get shoved down the page
    If you change the file tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php provided by CGL back to the original (classic) tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php the layout is correct.
    What happens when you use the original tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php file is the system picks up the tabular (Tables version) form of the layout and therefore there are no div's to deal with.
    However it still does the column layout which puzzles me.

Attachment 13654

This is the additional code in the tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php file by CGL to load the columnar layout.
    <?php
    /**
    * load the list_box_content template to display the products
    */
    if ($product_listing_layout_style == 'columns') {
    if (PRODUCT_LISTING_GRID_SORT) {
    echo "\n" . '<div id="gridSorter">' . PRODUCT_LISTING_GRID_SORT_TEXT . '<ul>';
    for ($col=0;$col<sizeof($grid_sort);$col++) {
    if ($grid_sort[$col]['text']) echo '<li class="item">' . $grid_sort[$col]['text'] . '</li>';
    }
    echo '</ul></div>' . "\n";
    }
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display.php');
    } else {// (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'rows')
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_tabular_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_tabular_display.php');
    }
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

Love this plugin for iPads! however.....

In come cases "CheckBoxTextBoxIcon06V1.0.0" (CBTBI) and "column_layout_grid_2_3_1" (CLG) don't play well together.
    I suspect it may a simple matter of layout formatting.

On a clean test install (default classic template) of CLG merged with CBTBI everything is cool until you enable Display Cart Quantity and/or the add to cart/remove from cart buttons.
    I could not determine what part (if any) of the code in tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php controls the layout of that portion of the new code in CBTBI.

Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product; 3=on with Adj per Product) 3
    Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location 0
    Display Check Box and Text Box for Checkout 0
    Display Check Box for Checkout 0
    Display Cart Quantity (0 - None, 1 - Greater than 0, 2 - Always) (1 or 2)
    Display Product Description 150

Product Listing - Layout Style columns
    Product Listing - Columns Per Row 4
    Product Listing - Layout Style - Customer Control 0
    Product Listing - Show Sorter for Columns Layout 0

The product to the right of the product you enable with the above mentioned features (And any following products) get shoved down the page
    If you change the file tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php provided by CGL back to the original (classic) tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php the layout is correct.
    What happens when you use the original tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php file is the system picks up the tabular (Tables version) form of the layout and therefore there are no div's to deal with.
    However it still does the column layout which puzzles me.

Attachment 13654

This is the additional code in the tpl_modules_product_listing(dot)php file by CGL to load the columnar layout.
    <?php
    /**
    * load the list_box_content template to display the products
    */
    if ($product_listing_layout_style == 'columns') {
    if (PRODUCT_LISTING_GRID_SORT) {
    echo "\n" . '<div id="gridSorter">' . PRODUCT_LISTING_GRID_SORT_TEXT . '<ul>';
    for ($col=0;$col<sizeof($grid_sort);$col++) {
    if ($grid_sort[$col]['text']) echo '<li class="item">' . $grid_sort[$col]['text'] . '</li>';
    }
    echo '</ul></div>' . "\n";
    }
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display.php');
    } else {// (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'rows')
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_tabular_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_tabular_display.php');
    }
    ?>
    This plugin was originally developed on a template that included a CLG like installation. The tpl_modules_product_listing in essence coordinates how to present the individual items to be displayed (tabular versus columnar). In this case, each of those types call the product_listing module. In regards to the incorporation of CBTBI, the important part from here, is that the product_listing module provided does not include/incorporate the changes made by CLG; however, the instructions indicate that the changes made by CBTBI should be merged with the existing files of the site. Following the recommended style of installation, the CLG modified version of product_listing(dot)php should be located in the includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/ folder. The instructions indicate that the existing product_listing(dot)php file should be merged with the new version (either before or after installation; though preferably before) to maintain the presentation afforded by the CLG (or other) product_listing module.

The default version of product_listing (essentially included in this plugin) does not include columnar style layout and therefore, if not merged will result in a row like layout regardless of the settings associated with row/column.

Having already incorporated this into plugin into CLG related template, it would be good to include that development; however, one issue associated is making the installation flexible/understandable enough to work out. (Ideally, there would be a check that could be performed during installation so that the applicable product_listing(dot)php file could be uploaded/incorporated based on the installed template.) Perhaps can test against the options for the available display choices (rows and columns available versus "rows" (or whatever the default options are) only). If the options available are both, then incorporate the one type of product_listing(dot)php file, if only the default option then incorporate the default version of the file... If there are any suggestions, please feel free to offer!

Plugin Contributions

This plugin was originally developed on a template that included a CLG like installation. The tpl_modules_product_listing in essence coordinates how to present the individual items to be displayed (tabular versus columnar). In this case, each of those types call the product_listing module. In regards to the incorporation of CBTBI, the important part from here, is that the product_listing module provided does not include/incorporate the changes made by CLG; however, the instructions indicate that the changes made by CBTBI should be merged with the existing files of the site. Following the recommended style of installation, the CLG modified version of product_listing(dot)php should be located in the includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/ folder. The instructions indicate that the existing product_listing(dot)php file should be merged with the new version (either before or after installation; though preferably before) to maintain the presentation afforded by the CLG (or other) product_listing module.

The default version of product_listing (essentially included in this plugin) does not include columnar style layout and therefore, if not merged will result in a row like layout regardless of the settings associated with row/column.

Having already incorporated this into plugin into CLG related template, it would be good to include that development; however, one issue associated is making the installation flexible/understandable enough to work out. (Ideally, there would be a check that could be performed during installation so that the applicable product_listing(dot)php file could be uploaded/incorporated based on the installed template.) Perhaps can test against the options for the available display choices (rows and columns available versus "rows" (or whatever the default options are) only). If the options available are both, then incorporate the one type of product_listing(dot)php file, if only the default option then incorporate the default version of the file... If there are any suggestions, please feel free to offer!
    I looked over the product_info code from a CLG related installation, and it looks like it is written such that the modified version of it could be incorporated into the plugin. V1.0.3 has been submitted. Hopefully the version of product_info provided is equivalent enough to not require any mods to support the remaining portions of Column Layout Grid. Hope you enjoy and that these changes fix the issues that have so far been identified...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast